At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help people in Rutherfordton or anywhere in Rutherford County who get injured due to the negligence of others. If you were injured in a car accident or some other type of accident, you can call us at (828) 296-3866 for a free consultation from our Rutherfordton personal injury lawyer. There is no obligation.
You do not have to pay up-front legal fees to receive our help. We work on personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that our attorney fees come out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end. We do not get paid unless you win.
In This Article
Damages You May Be Able to Recover in Your Personal Injury Case
We cannot say how much compensation you might recover for your injuries according to North Carolina laws because every personal injury case is unique. Two people sitting side by side in a car can have vastly different injuries in an accident. The amount of recovery you might collect will depend on the facts of your situation.
Here are some of the types of damages we work hard to win for our clients:
- Medical expenses: This category includes your expenses for things such as costs for ambulance rides, emergency room treatment, hospitalization, doctor’s appointments, imaging studies (e.g., X-rays or CT scans), diagnostic testing, surgeries, prescription drugs, chiropractic treatment, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages: If you missed work without pay because of your accident-related injuries, medical treatment, and recuperation time, we can add that to your claim. Salary, wages, self-employment, and other forms of income can fall within this area.
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage encompasses the physical discomfort and emotional distress you experienced as a result of the accident and your injuries.
- Long-term care: Devastating injuries, such as spinal cord damage, can leave a person in need of daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care. The costs of these services can be astronomical.
- Reduced earning capacity: Sometimes a person has to cut back on hours at work or take a lower-paying job because of long-term consequences from an accident.
- Permanent disability or scarring: You deserve compensation for any long-term conditions or permanent scarring caused by your accident or injury.
- Other intangible losses: Some damages are a challenge to quantify in terms of dollars. Disfigurement and the loss of enjoyment of life are two examples of intangible damages. We can calculate the value of these aspects of your claim in light of your particular case and include them in your compensation demands.
Depending on your situation, you might have additional losses that our Rutherfordton personal injury lawyer can pursue for you, such as losses related to a loved one’s death if they did not survive their accident.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
Legal Services We Offer our Clients when They Hire our Lawyer
Once you become a client of Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our team does not hesitate to get into action. In fact, from the moment we speak to you in your free consultation, we are already keeping track of key information about your case to begin preparing materials for you.
Some of our legal services include:
- Reviewing your case to see who can be named a liable party in your case and whether there might be more than one liable party
- Conducting a private investigation to retrieve evidence for your case, such as an accident report, eyewitness testimony, and video footage
- Speaking with interested parties, such as an insurance company, on your behalf to protect your case
- Filling out and submitting paperwork on your behalf
- Meeting with the liable party’s legal team or insurer to potentially negotiate a settlement deal
- Representing you in court if necessary
Our team will be available for any concerns or questions you have throughout your legal journey. We aim to be transparent with our legal advice to you, so do not hesitate to come forward with any thoughts you have as we build your case.
We Keep Track of Your Case’s Statutory Deadline
Working with a personal injury lawyer from the beginning can help you understand the statute of limitations that applies to your case.
In North Carolina, you generally have three years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit, per GS §1-52. However, if you are filing a wrongful death case, then GS §1-53 dictates you have about two years from your loved one’s death to file. Keep in mind that other factors might change your filing period.
If you are unsure about how long you have to file, our legal team can identify this date and inform you. Should you decide to work with our team, we can take appropriate measures to submit your case on time.
Rutherfordton Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Your life can change in an instant when you get hurt in an accident. Through no fault of your own, you might have to face chronic pain and lifelong limitations. Your career path could change, and it might be challenging to enjoy life when you can no longer engage in activities you used to do.
We handle many kinds of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents: Whether you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, or on a bicycle, you might have a personal injury claim if you got hurt when a car ran into you. Contact car accident lawyer for free consultation.
- Truck accidents: Truck collisions often cause more severe injuries or fatalities than car accidents because large trucks are heavier than the standard passenger vehicle. Truck drivers also have to comply with special regulations for their industry. We know how to look for violations of those laws that can support a claim for compensation. Contact Rutherfordton truck accident lawyer now for free consultation.
- Motorcycle accidents: People on motorcycles often sustain catastrophic injuries in accidents because these riders have nothing to protect their bodies when they hit the pavement, go flying through the air, or collide with a motor vehicle.
- Contact Rutherfordton motorcycle accident lawyer now for free consultation.
- Construction accidents: Whether you are a construction worker or a private resident in Rutherfordton, you might have a personal injury case if you were injured while working on, walking through, or passing by a construction work site. Contact workers compensation lawyer or construction law lawyer now for free consultation.
- Wrongful death: contact wrongful death lawyer now for free consultation.
- Social security disability: contact social security disability lawyers for free consultation.
- Civil Litigation: contact civil litigation lawyer now for free consultation.
- Rideshare accidents: Claiming damages after a rideshare injury can be a complicated legal process. A Lyft accident lawyer from our team can help navigate the claim process and access the compensation you need.
If your accident is not on this list, do not worry. There is not enough space here to cover all the numerous types of injury cases a Rutherfordton personal injury lawyer can handle. Just call us to find out how we can help you.
Pitfalls to Avoid After Getting Hurt in an Accident
The law does not force you to work with a lawyer on your personal injury case, but it can be a wise choice to do so. Insurance companies can try to get you to accept less compensation than you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers can help you avoid such mistakes and traps as:
- Accepting far less money than you deserve. Many people try to negotiate with the insurance adjuster by themselves, only to find out later that they should have received much more compensation for their injuries.
- Settling before you finish your medical treatment. When you settle the claim, you sign away your right to receive any more money from that accident. If you find out afterward that you need additional treatment, and you have not recovered money to pay those expenses, the insurer will not have to cover those costs. You could end up with a stack of medical bills you cannot afford to pay.
- Posting on social media. When you have a personal injury claim pending, you should stay off of social media. The insurance company can use your photographs or comments against you to try to devalue or deny your claim.
- Giving a recorded statement. The adjuster will likely ask you to give a recorded statement. These statements are for the benefit of the insurer, not you. The adjuster can take your words out of context and twist them into something you did not intend. If the insurer asks for a recorded statement, tell them to speak to your lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Rutherfordton
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help people who suffer severe injuries at the hands of others. Our clients focus on getting better while we handle their legal matters. You can call us today for a free consultation.