If another person’s negligence caused an accident that hurt you or a
loved one, our Lenoir personal injury lawyer can help you hold them financially accountable for the cost of treating your injuries. We can also help you seek compensation for the financial expenses and losses from your injuries. Your recoverable damages could include lost wages and physical and emotional pain and suffering.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we build your personal injury lawsuit by collecting evidence that proves the at-fault party’s negligence. We also value your financial damages and present your evidence to the at-fault party so that we can negotiate a favorable financial settlement. If the liable party’s insurer does not offer a settlement that you find acceptable, we will represent you in court to fight for your compensation.
Personal Injury Practice Areas in Lenoir
When our team represents you, we listen to your account of the events that led to your injury. From there, we start investigating to assign liability. We represent clients who suffered injuries in:
- Car wrecks
- Truck wrecks
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Pedestrian wrecks
- Bicycle wrecks
- Construction wrecks
- Slip and fall incidents
- Defective products
If the accident that caused your injuries does not appear on this list, our law firm may still offer representation. You can review the details of your accident with one of our team members to find out how we can help you. Your initial consultation is free. Also Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC provides bankruptcy assistance to individuals, families, and businesses in North Carolina and South Carolina – contact bankruptcy lawyer.
We Will Collect Evidence and Documents for You
Because representatives for the parties involved in your accident were not present at the time it occurred, we rely on the evidence to clarify the accident’s cause, including:
- Medical records and bills
- Salary and income records
- Accident or incident report
- Accident scene and injury photos
- Witness statements
Gathering evidence is an important part of your case, so our team handles this for you. In addition to collecting evidence, we also organize and submit it to the appropriate representatives and handle all requests for information.
Damages You Can Recover from the Negligent Party
Our team gives your case the attention it deserves, making sure your expenses and losses are calculated accurately. We help you fight for damages by proving the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Did not provide it
- Caused your injuries
- Caused your financial damages
When our Lenoir personal injury attorney handles your case, we ensure you do not mistakenly accept a speedy settlement offer that does not take your full range of expenses into account.
Economic Damages We Help You Request
The economic damages you could recover after an accident are the ones that have a fixed expense or value. Your economic damages can include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- In-home medical and domestic aid
As part of your case file, we collect the receipts and bills that prove the value of your economic damages.
Non-Economic Damages We Help You Request
Non-economic damages are more difficult to assess and can depend on the length and extent of your recovery. These include:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
We will explain how we assign a value to your non-economic damages using your medical records and prognosis for recovery.
Our Lenoir Personal Injury Lawyer Will Fight for You
Filing a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit on your own can be an overwhelming experience. When our team handles your case, we take care of the details so that you can focus on your physical recovery. Our team will:
- Review and investigate your accident
- Calculate the monetary value of your lawsuit
- Prove the negligent party’s financial liability
- Handle all case-related communications
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
Our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, personal injury team will not stop fighting for you. We will even represent you in court if necessary. Our goal is to resolve your case with the best possible outcome for you and your family.
North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
Filing a personal injury lawsuit requires you to comply with the state’s statute of limitations. In North Carolina:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to G.S. § 1-52.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to G.S. § 1-53.
Failing to comply with the filing deadline puts your right to compensation in jeopardy. We will ensure you meet the deadline in your case if we have enough notice and time to file.
Browse Our Google and Website Reviews
You can learn more about what working with our team is like from our previous clients. They regularly share testimonials and recommendations like these in our Google reviews and on our testimonials page:
- “Very professional and efficient. Gabrielle Valentine recently represented…She took care of everything…I highly recommend her. She was excellent.” — George Anthony
- “I have worked with Mark Morris and Hannah Davies [after] a car wreck, and I love their law firm…They were able to get me a fair amount for my injury.” — Frances Watson
- “The staff at Farmer & Morris patiently answered all of my questions and returned my calls. They were professional, helpful, and effective in a time of stress.” — Keith Calhoun
We treat our clients with kindness and courtesy throughout their fight for financial recovery. We are with them every step of the way.
Call Us Today for Your Free Case Review
If another person’s negligence injured you or a loved one in Lenoir, North Carolina, we will hold the at-fault party liable for your damages. You can learn more about how our personal injury attorney will fight for you. Call one of our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team members at (828) 286-3866 today.