Whether you suffered injuries in a car crash, a workplace accident, or another incident, negligence may have played a role. If so, you have the right to seek financial recovery and hire legal counsel. Our Bessemer City personal injury lawyer can lead your case while you rest and recover from your injuries.
You may begin by bringing an insurance claim or proceed to take legal action. Either way, the team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can handle every step, including filing the necessary paperwork and communicating with the other party. You may stand to recover more than you think, and our attorneys can help.
We Handle a Variety of Personal Injury Cases in Bessemer City
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we have six attorneys with experience handling different cases, and our team has served over 10,000 clients. We advocate for accident victims and their families by providing client-focused legal care.
Our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
When we take on your case, we promise to give it the personal attention it deserves. We never apply a one-size-fits-all approach to our cases. Instead, we customize our strategies to fit your individual situation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Bessemer City, call 828.286.3866
Your Injuries Will Determine Your Potential Compensation
The types of damages and the amount you can seek depend entirely on your injuries. More severe injuries will generally warrant greater compensation due to the way they affect a victim’s life. For example, someone who suffers from a permanent disability may require in-home aid and rehabilitation.
You do not know the extent of your injuries until you visit a doctor, though. Our Bessemer City personal injury lawyers can gather your medical records, wage statements, and other documents to get an idea of what fair compensation looks like for you.
In general, you may qualify for the following damages:
- Current medical expenses, such as surgeries, hospital stays, medications, and medical devices
- Ongoing medical care, such as physical therapy
- In-home aid
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income if you took time off from work to heal
- Reduced earning capacity if you have to take a lower-paying job
- Scarring and disfigurement
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in an accident in Bessemer City, our wrongful death lawyers are here to help. We know that you need time to grieve with your loved ones, so we can handle your case from start to finish.
Some examples of damages we can seek include:
- Funeral service costs
- Burial and cremation expenses
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical bills
- Their pain and suffering
- The income they contributed
We know that nothing can undo this tragedy, but your family doesn’t deserve to struggle financially, either. Compensation can help you cope and properly honor your loved one’s memory.
Bessemer City Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Our Bessemer City Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help With Your Claim or Lawsuit
Whether you are filing an insurance claim or a lawsuit, you will have to complete various steps that can be time-consuming and overwhelming. You can leave it all for our legal team, though. We can help by:
- Gathering evidence of negligence and your damages
- Challenging an insurance adjuster’s determination of fault
- Communicating with all liable parties, their insurers, and their representatives
- Negotiating for fair financial recovery
- Handling all the necessary paperwork
- Representing you in a trial
We understand that a personal injury case can be stressful, so we will be available to answer any of your questions and address your concerns along the way. We have a 24/7 helpline, and we can be reached anytime to discuss your case.
There May Be More Liable Parties in a Personal Injury Case Than You Expect
You may believe a certain party, such as a driver who hit you, is responsible for your accident, but you may not have considered all the contributing factors. There may be multiple liable parties involved in your accident. While this can complicate a case, our personal injury lawyers can help identify each liable party and determine their share of the blame.
Some potentially liable parties you may not immediately consider include:
- A manufacturer: If a car accident or a construction accident occurs due to a defective piece of equipment, a manufacturer may be liable. They have a responsibility to design and manufacture safe products. Even if a defective product only contributes to an accident, the manufacturer would still be proportionately liable.
- A third party: Another party may bear responsibility for an accident, as well. For example, another driver may contribute to an accident if they fail to yield the right of way to another motorist.
- A government entity: Sometimes, a local government may be responsible for the conditions that cause an accident, such as hazardous roads. Municipalities have to maintain roads to keep them safe, for example.
We can gather a variety of evidence, such as traffic camera footage and eyewitness statements, to determine who is responsible for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Bessemer City
According to G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit in North Carolina. If you miss it, you could lose your last chance to seek financial recovery.
Our lawyers can help you meet this deadline, but the sooner you start your case, the better.
The Personal Injury Team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Is Here for You
Our Bessemer City personal injury lawyers can take your case on contingency so that you do not pay any upfront fees. Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today, and we can get started on your case immediately.