After a car wreck, your entire life could be upended. Medical bills could be stacking up all while you’re missing days at work. You don’t need to deal with these challenges on your own, however.
Our team can help you seek compensation if someone else is responsible for your crash. A Morgantown car accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can handle your case from start to finish.
In This Article
Table of Contents
- You Could Be Entitled to These Types of Compensation After a Car Wreck
- How Farmer and Morris Law, PLLC Can Help You with Your Morgantown Case
- Our Attorneys Get You the Answers You Need for Your Car Accident Case
- Contact a Morgantown Car Accident Lawyer Today
For a legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Morganton, call 828.286.3866
You Could Be Entitled to These Types of Compensation After a Car Wreck
Our attorneys will help you seek compensation for many types of losses after your wreck. You could stand to recover all your medical care costs and much more.
The following forms of damages could be available:
Economic damages refer to financial expenses that resulted from the wreck and your injuries. These could include medical bills, the cost of repairing your vehicle, and other expenses. We can demonstrate these damages by gathering receipts, invoices, or bills for the actual costs resulting from your car wreck.
Specific economic damages may include:
- Hospital or medical bills
- Towing expenses
- Vehicle repair expenses
- Property damage
- Costs of a car rental or other transportation expenses
- Loss of wages
Non-economic damages are losses that cannot usually be backed up with receipts or invoices. These losses could include things like psychological suffering, diminished quality of life, and other impacts on your well-being, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired mobility
- Future earnings loss
- Scarring and disfigurement
You could be eligible for additional compensation depending on the specific circumstances of your wreck.
Morganton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
How Farmer and Morris Law, PLLC Can Help You with Your Morgantown Case
Our attorneys are ready to get to work for you. A car accident lawyer from our team can do several things to help you with your case, including:
- Provide legal advice
- Determine an accurate settlement estimate
- File all the legal paperwork on time
- Review crash report and conduct necessary investigations to determine liability (i.e., who is at fault)
- Analyze all evidence, including crash reports and medical records
- Interview the witnesses who were present at the scene
- Provide testimony on your behalf by hiring experts
- Collect evidence to strengthen your injury case or wrongful death case
- Represent you in negotiation meetings and court appearances and speak on your behalf
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
- Seek a court award by presenting all pertinent evidence at trial
- If a settlement cannot be reached, file the case with the civil court
Along the way, insurance adjusters or attorneys may try to undervalue your claim. We are prepared to demonstrate that you deserve fair compensation, however.
At Farmer and Morris Law, PLLC, we negotiate with insurance adjusters and will represent you in court if necessary. While some lawyers are not trial attorneys, our firm will fight for you in court if this is essential to getting fair compensation.
Our Attorneys Get You the Answers You Need for Your Car Accident Case
We understand that the legal process can be confusing. We can get you the answers you need. Consider our answers to these common questions:
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
Often, the cost of attorney fees is a major consideration for crash victims. If you decide to work with one of our attorneys, you won’t owe us anything if we aren’t able to get compensation for you. Our contingency fee structure means we won’t charge you anything upfront—no hourly rates, retainers, or other upfront charges. The only fees we charge are based on the success of your lawsuit or settlement.
Should I Work with a Lawyer After a Wreck?
This is ultimately your choice. However, there are many reasons why you may want to get legal help after a car wreck.
You may want to hire our help if:
- Your injuries are serious. If you’re facing significant injuries and medical bills, you may want legal representation. We can help you recover the costs of your past, present, and future medical care needs. Our goal is to ensure you don’t have to pay out of pocket for medical costs.
- You want to ensure the best possible chances of a recovery. We will seek the best possible settlement for you. Our attorneys know how to determine what a fair offer looks like, and we can help you negotiate the best possible compensation.
- You aren’t physically or emotionally prepared to handle a legal case. Seeking fair compensation after a wreck can take time and energy. You could even face aggressive tactics from insurance companies. You don’t have to worry about handling these challenges when you’re recovering.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
It is best to file a legal action as soon as possible so your attorney can ensure it’s filed within the statute of limitations in North Carolina.
North Carolina state law mandates different statutes for filing dates depending on the type of lawsuit. North Carolina statute G.S. § 1-52 allows up to three years from the crash date to file a personal injury suit. A wrongful death action resulting from a car crash can be filed two years after the decedent’s death, per North Carolina statute G.S. § 1-53.
You don’t have to stress about your compensation deadlines. We’ll take care of everything, so you won’t run out of time.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Morgantown Car Accident Lawyer Today
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we offer a free legal consultation. You can ask us all of your questions and find out what our attorneys can do for you in your case.
Our personal injury lawyers at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC are ready to help you after a car wreck. Let us handle the legal matters while you do what you need to do to recover. Contact us at (828) 438-8418. We can provide you with more information about filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim and getting fair compensation.