Suffering an injury because of another party’s negligence can be a life-altering event that affects your health and finances. If you are facing financial strain stemming from your injuries or inability to return to work, our attorney serving Spartanburg can help you explore your legal options.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we are dedicated to helping claimants receive compensation for their accident-related expenses. Our law firm can help you identify those responsible for the accident, determine the value of your case, and fight for a fair settlement on your behalf. The initial consultation is free, and our Spartanburg personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis.
In This Article
- We Can Represent You for Many Types of Accidents
- Damages in a Spartanburg Personal Injury Case
- What Our Law Firm will do for You
- Do Not Miss South Carolina’s Filing Deadline for Your Personal Injury Case
- Establishing Fault and Liability in a Personal Injury Case
- What Our Past Clients Say About Us
- Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for a Free Consultation
We Can Represent You for Many Types of Accidents
An accident can happen when you least expect it. When someone else is at fault for your injuries, you may be entitled to recover your losses regardless of the type of accident you experienced.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, provides legal services for all types of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Product liability cases
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workers’ compensation cases
- Wrongful death
Our legal team in Spartanburg wants to get started on your case today. When you call us for a free case review, we want to learn about how your accident happened, the extent of your injuries, and other important details. Our attorney can determine the full value of your potential personal injury claim or lawsuit so that we fight for the fair compensation you need to move forward.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 828.286.3866
Damages in a Spartanburg Personal Injury Case
Damages in your personal injury case are intended to help you recover economic and non-economic losses. While it is challenging to put an exact dollar figure on all of your losses, we can help you identify your damages and estimate how much they are worth.
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover the following:
The Cost of Your Medical Bills
If you must undergo treatment or testing for your injuries, the liable party’s insurance company may be responsible for paying for these bills. Medical expenses may include:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency care
- Surgical procedures
- Doctor visits
- Assistive medical devices (e.g., a wheelchair)
- Prescription medications
We can calculate your past, current, and projected medical expenses and include that in the demand letter we will send to the insurance company on your behalf.
Compensation for Lost Wages
Due to the severity of your injuries, you may have had to take time off from work – or you may be unable to return to your place of employment altogether. Through negotiations or civil court action, we may be able to recover the cost of these lost wages.
We may also be able to include your:
- Lost benefits
- Potential tips
- Missed bonuses
If your injuries resulted in a disability, we will calculate how much you should be paid for workers’ compensation, lost earning capacity, or retirement, if applicable. This is especially helpful if your injuries prevent you from returning to your current job or force you to take a lower-paying position.
Pain and Suffering
In addition to your medical expenses and lost wages, you may also be eligible to recover non-economic damages, according to S.C. Ann § 15-32-200(9). These damages result from the physical and emotional pain you have suffered due to the accident and your related injuries. They often include:
- Trauma associated with physical pain and discomfort
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household benefits and parental guidance
- Impaired quality of life
If a reckless driver, a negligent medical provider, or a dangerous product caused your injury, or your accident occurred while you were on the job, the legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can help. We will hold the responsible party to account through settlement negotiations with the insurance company or a civil lawsuit if necessary. Our lawyer can assist you with your Spartanburg case right away.
Spartanburg Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
What Our Law Firm will do for You
We can take the stress out of filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit by handling the essential aspects of your case.
Our legal team will:
- Gather evidence of fault and liability (e.g., police report, medical records, witness statements, surveillance video of the accident scene, photographs of your injuries)
- Organize and submit paperwork to the appropriate courts and offices
- Implement an action plan
- Communicate with the involved parties on your behalf
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement
- Take the case to court if necessary
- Keep you updated on the case’s progress
While you heal from your injuries, you can feel confident knowing that your case is being managed by a legal team that cares.
Do Not Miss South Carolina’s Filing Deadline for Your Personal Injury Case
Recovering from an injury can take several weeks or months. However, you do not have long to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under S.C. Ann § 15-3-530, you generally have three years from the date of your accident to pursue litigation. For this reason, we encourage you to act quickly.
If you lost a loved one because of another party’s negligent or reckless behavior, we offer our deepest condolences. You may be entitled to damages via a wrongful death lawsuit. The statute of limitations is three years from the date of the decedent’s death to bring a wrongful death action. If awarded, this compensation can help with funeral and burial costs, the loss of your loved one’s income, and the pain and suffering caused by their absence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Establishing Fault and Liability in a Personal Injury Case
Our team can investigate to determine how your accident occurred and who is at fault. We can review all available evidence, interview all relevant parties, and explore all the facts of the case. Our goal is to prove that, due to the negligent actions of the at-fault party, they should be responsible for your financial losses.
Filing a Lawsuit in Spartanburg
Our team can enter litigation if we cannot reach an agreement with the liable party and their insurance company. Your personal injury lawyer’s goal is to recover compensation in your Spartanburg case that accurately represents the severity of your injuries and the accident damages you faced. If necessary, we can take a lawsuit to court and have a judge’s verdict resolve your case.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we do not back down from the big corporations. We will take on the at-fault party who caused your accident and injuries and fight for your right to financial recovery. We do all of this without you paying anything up front or out of pocket. Our attorneys receive our fee from a percentage of the compensation they win for you. We can review the fee agreement with you in more detail during your free consultation.
What Our Past Clients Say About Us
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we are passionate advocates for our clients. Here are just a few examples of what our past clients say about our dedication and commitment:
- “Andrea stuck with me to the end. I could always get through to her. Her staff was great and would always get right back with me. I wasn’t just ‘a file in a cabinet’ and I was treated as if I was the only client.” – Lavonda
- “One thing I can say about Mark Morris is that he doesn’t rest until the job is done. When my husband abandoned me and my small child, Mark went above and beyond my expectations. Overnight, he drew up the necessary paperwork that would allow me to have my husband removed from my insurance policy and keep me protected from unnecessary financial obligations that my husband may incur. Mark was thorough, covering bases that had not even occurred to me. I wholeheartedly recommend Mark Morris as an attorney who will exceed your highest expectations and provide the assurance of a job well done!” – Allison
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for a Free Consultation
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we understand what a challenging time this is for you and your family. We believe you should not have to pay for expenses that someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior caused.
We can help you seek recovery of the appropriate compensation for your damages while you heal from your injuries. To start your free, no-obligation case review, call us today at (864) 582-1310.