Suffering an injury because of another party’s negligence can be a life-altering event that affects your health and finances. If you are facing financial strain stemming from your injuries or inability to return to work, our attorney serving Spartanburg can help you explore your legal options.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we are dedicated to helping claimants receive compensation for their accident-related expenses. Our law firm can help you identify those responsible for the accident, determine the value of your case, and fight for a fair settlement on your behalf. The initial consultation is free, and our Spartanburg personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Represent You After Many Types of Accidents
An accident can happen when you least expect it. When someone else is at fault for your injuries, you may be entitled to recover your losses regardless of the type of accident you experienced.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, provides legal services for all types of accidents, including:
- Car wrecks
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Product liability cases
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workers’ compensation cases
- Wrongful death
Our legal team in Spartanburg wants to get started on your case today. When you call us for a free case review, we want to learn about how your accident happened, the extent of your injuries, and every detail you recall. Our attorney can then look into your case to determine the full value of your personal injury claim or lawsuit. We’ll fight for the fair compensation you need to move forward.
Damages in a Spartanburg Personal Injury Case
Damages in your personal injury case are intended to help you recover economic and non-economic losses. While it is challenging to put an exact dollar figure on all of your losses, we can help you identify your damages and estimate how much they are worth.
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover the following:
The Cost of Your Medical Bills
If you must undergo treatment or testing for your injuries, the liable party’s insurance company may be responsible for paying these bills. Medical expenses may include:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency care
- Surgical procedures
- Doctor visits
- Assistive medical devices (e.g., a wheelchair)
- Prescription medications
We can calculate your past, current, and projected medical expenses and include that in the demand letter we send to the insurance company on your behalf.
Compensation for Lost Wages
Due to the severity of your injuries, you may have had to take time off from work — or you may be unable to return to your place of employment altogether. Through negotiations or civil court action, we may be able to recover the cost of your lost income.
We may also be able to include:
- Lost benefits
- Potential tips
- Missed bonuses
If your injuries resulted in a disability, we will calculate how much you should be paid for workers’ compensation, lost earning capacity, or retirement, if applicable. This is especially helpful if your injuries prevent you from returning to your current job or force you to take a lower-paying position.
Pain and Suffering
In addition to your medical expenses and lost income, you may also be eligible to recover non-economic damages, as defined at S.C. Ann § 15-32-210(9). These damages result from the physical and emotional pain you have suffered due to the accident and your related injuries. They often include:
- Trauma associated with physical pain and discomfort
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household benefits and parental guidance
- Impaired quality of life
If a reckless driver, a negligent medical provider, or a dangerous product caused your injury, or your accident occurred while you were on the job, the legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can help. We want to hold the responsible party accountable through settlement negotiations with the insurance company or a civil lawsuit, if necessary. Our lawyer can assist you with your Spartanburg case right away.
What Our Personal Injury Law Firm Can Do for You
We can take the stress out of filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit by handling the essential aspects of your case.
Our legal team can:
- Gather evidence of fault and liability (e.g., police report, medical records, witness statements, surveillance video of the accident scene, photographs of your injuries)
- Organize and submit paperwork to the appropriate courts and offices
- Implement an action plan
- Communicate with the involved parties on your behalf
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement
- Take the case to court, if necessary
- Keep you updated on the case’s progress
While you heal from your injuries, you can feel confident knowing that your case is being managed by a legal team that cares.
Do Not Miss South Carolina’s Filing Deadline for Your Personal Injury Case
Recovering from an injury can take several weeks or months. However, you do not have long to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under S.C. Ann § 15-3-530, you generally have three years from the date of your accident to pursue litigation. For this reason, we encourage you to act quickly.
If you lost a loved one because of another party’s negligent or reckless behavior, we offer our deepest condolences. You may be entitled to damages via a wrongful death lawsuit. The statute of limitations to bring a wrongful death action is three years from the date of the decedent’s death. If awarded, this compensation can help with funeral and burial costs, the loss of your loved one’s income, and the pain and suffering caused by their absence.
Establishing Fault and Liability in a Personal Injury Case
Our team can investigate to determine how your accident occurred and who is at fault. We can review all available evidence, interview all relevant parties, and explore all the facts of the case. Our goal is to prove that, due to the negligent actions of the at-fault party, they should be responsible for your financial losses.
Filing a Lawsuit in Spartanburg
Our team can enter litigation if we cannot reach an agreement with the liable party and their insurance company. Your personal injury lawyer’s goal is to recover compensation in your Spartanburg case that accurately represents the severity of your injuries and the accident damages you faced. If necessary, we can take a lawsuit to court and have a jury’s decision resolve your case.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we do not back down from the big corporations. We can take on the at-fault party who caused your accident and injuries and fight for your right to financial recovery.
We do all of this without you paying anything up front or out of pocket. Our attorneys receive our fee as a percentage of the compensation they win for you. We can review the fee agreement with you in more detail during your free consultation.
Dealing With Insurance Companies During a Personal Injury Case
After an accident, it is very likely that a representative from the liable party’s insurance company will try to get in touch with you. It is this person’s job to try to reduce the insurance company’s payout by as much as possible. They may do this by:
- Asking you to provide a recorded statement about the accident: They will then comb through this statement for any minor inconsistency they can exploit.
- Offering a small settlement right away and pushing you to accept it: They may even imply that this lowball offer is the best one you will ever get and that refusing it means you turn down any chance at future compensation.
- Pinning the blame for the accident on you or someone else who is not the true liable party: If they can “prove” that the accident was not their client’s fault, they do not have to pay.
- Examining your social media pages: For example, if you post about going to the park, they may use this to conclude that you were not injured very badly and can make do with less or no compensation.
Trying to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are still recovering from your injuries is very stressful. If you do not handle them the right way, they may successfully reduce your payout, leaving you to cover the remainder of your expenses and monetary losses out of pocket.
How to Respond to Insurers
Fortunately, there is a simple solution for dealing with insurance company representatives: you can call an attorney from our firm as soon as possible.
No matter what the insurance company may say, you are not obligated to speak to them, accept a settlement, or provide a recorded statement without legal representation. If someone approaches you with such requests, you can:
- Not respond to their emails or phone calls right away — but do save any messages for us to look at later
- Not accept any settlement offers without consulting us, as doing so can jeopardize your ability to get more money
- Refuse to provide recorded statements, if they ask you to do so
- Tell them to speak to your lawyer or, if you are not represented yet, that you are in the process of hiring a lawyer
- Let us field all communications from the insurance company, the liable party, or the liable party’s attorney
- Be very cautious about what you post on social media, especially pertaining to the accident, your injuries, or your general health
If you do speak to the insurance company alone, keep your statements short and to the point. In addition, tell us immediately if anyone from the liable party’s insurer tries to contact you in any way. We are well acquainted with their tactics and can protect you from them.
Your Medical Records Play an Important Role in Your Personal Injury Case
After any type of accident, make sure you seek medical attention immediately. Even if you did not have to go to the emergency room, you will need to document your injuries and begin a treatment plan. Only a doctor can help with that.
You deserve to meet your maximum medical recovery, and our Spartanburg personal injury team can use your medical records and bills to build your case. For example, if your injuries require ongoing medical care, you will want your potential settlement to reflect that. Our lawyers will aim for fair compensation so that you aren’t left footing the bill down the road.
What Our Past Clients Say About Our Personal Injury Lawyers
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we are passionate advocates for our clients. Here is an example of what a past client said about our dedication and commitment:
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimately settlement. We could never thank them for all their prayers and hard work. God placing faith-based people with faith-based attorneys!” – Tammy
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for a Free Consultation on Your Personal Injury Case
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we understand what a challenging time this is for you and your family. We believe you should not have to pay for expenses that someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior caused.
A Spartanburg personal injury lawyer from our team can help you seek recovery of the appropriate compensation for your damages while you heal from your injuries. To start your free, no-obligation case review, call us today.