If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you could be eligible for compensation. The Spartanburg bicycle accident lawyers at our firm can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our skilled bicycle accident lawyers.
Compensation You Could Qualify for After a Spartanburg Bicycle Accident
As the victim of a bicycle accident, you could qualify for many types of compensation if your claim is successful. This could include (but is not limited to):
- Reimbursement for damage to your bicycle or other personal property loss
- Compensation for medical bills, including prescription medications, physical therapy, and more
- Damages for emotional trauma
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Compensation for any income you missed out on following your accident
- Damages in wrongful death claims
Our personal injury team will identify all opportunities to pursue compensation.
What Factors Affect Compensation?
Financial compensation is awarded in a claim or in court as a measure to hold liable parties accountable and make up for the losses of victims. Generally, the greater your loss and suffering, the higher amount of compensation you could qualify for.
In many cases, no amount of money can equate to the suffering you may have experienced. That being said, receiving some form of settlement or compensation can help give you a sense of justice and allow you to plan for a brighter future.
There is no exact blueprint for how much you can recover. However, speaking to a bicycle accident lawyer serving Spartanburg can help give you a better sense of potential damages in your case.
Is Hiring a Lawyer Taking on Spartanburg Cases Right for You?
An important decision in your case is whether or not to hire a lawyer. Before making a final decision, consider the benefits of legal representation. Lawyers can help you in the following ways:
- Explain different available forms of compensation
- Keep your case moving through the legal system while ensuring you meet all deadlines
- Assist with paperwork
- Answer questions about your claim
- Offer a sense of stability following the trauma of your accident
- Help you present your case in an organized fashion
Our Team Has Experience With Cases Like Yours
If you are looking for a bicycle accident lawyer in Spartanburg, you do not have to look any further than Farmer & Morris, PLLC. Our team has a long history of success with personal injury cases similar to yours. Our testimonials are proof of past success and satisfaction with clients looking for justice following all types of bicycle accidents and other personal injury claims.
Don’t Worry About Legal Fees With Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
Legal fees can be very expensive from many firms. Most law firms charge by the hour, the total amount depending on how much time they spend on your case. Our team operates on a contingency-fee basis. This is different from other firms that ask you to pay upfront or as you go. We take our fee from the settlement or court award we win for you.
During an already difficult time, hiring a lawyer might feel overwhelming a thing to undertake, but your security and justice is important. Additionally, having a lawyer could strengthen your case and give you a fair shot at winning compensation.
Parties That Could Bear the Fault of Your Bicycle Accident
Proving fault is important, as a court will only award compensation if you can prove that another party was at fault. There are many different ways your accident could have been caused by someone else. Some examples include:
- Drunk drivers: An intoxicated driver that caused your accident could be responsible for your injuries and suffering.
- Traffic law violators: Traffic laws are in place for a good reason, to keep drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians safe. After all, the road is shared by everyone. If another party ran a stop sign, failed to yield effectively, decided to speed, or put you at risk in any way that led to your accident, you could take legal action against them and hold responsible parties accountable.
- Distracted drivers: Distracted driving can come in many forms. Looking away from the road, listening to music, conversing with passengers, and more are all distractions. Cell phones and GPS equipment have also caused distractions on the road.
- Mechanical failures: Mechanical failures in both bicycles and vehicles can happen, leading to dangerous accidents. But, sometimes, there is more to the story. If a driver knowingly operated an unsafe vehicle, for example, they could be at fault for your accident.
Everyone on the road has the responsibility to keep others safe. Acting in an unusual or unsafe manner, in any form, could be deemed negligence.
The Statute of Limitations Can Affect Your Spartanburg Bicycle Accident Case
You do not have forever to decide whether or not to file a claim. Under N.C. § 1-52, personal injury lawsuits carry a statute of limitations of three years, and wrongful death lawsuits must be filed within two years of losing a loved one. If you suffered a bicycle accident, we are available to discuss the next steps.
Call for a Free Consultation Today With Our Bicycle Accident Team
You could only have one chance to pursue the justice and compensation that can put this difficult chapter behind you. Our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is available to discuss your case during a free consultation. Contact our team today.
Nothing can change the fact that you suffered, but you do have control of your future. Our lawyers can help you take control of the next chapter of your life before it is too late.