Losing a loved one is difficult enough. Losing a loved one and having their assets go to probate court can be another matter. Our Lincoln County probate lawyer will navigate this process on your behalf. We will do everything possible to ensure your loved one’s assets are distributed as requested and their outstanding debts are paid from said assets.
Our probate team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC understands that the loss of a loved one can be difficult to accept and recover from. In addition to providing legal aid, we will support you during this challenging time. We’re ready to explore your legal options today.
In This Article
What You Need To Know About Probate Law in North Carolina
The purpose of probate is to settle a decedent’s estate. In some cases, a lawyer can help you avoid probate court together. We will work closely with you and your loved ones to:
- Clarify the probate process and timeline
- Gather and organize information and documents
- Determine whether a will exists
- Determine the validity of your loved one’s will
- Assess the value of your loved one’s estate
- Apply for simplified summary probate, where applicable
Our probate lawyer will also initiate legal proceedings and guide you through the process from start to finish. We provide services tailored to your specific situation.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Probate Lawyers Serving Lincoln County
The last thing your family wants is the stress and confusion of probate court while grieving a loved one. If your loved one passed away intestate (meaning without a valid will) or testate (with a valid will in place), we can carry out your loved one’s wishes.
Our probate lawyer will:
- Explain the responsibilities of the decedent’s estate executor
- Collect and distribute insurance proceeds
- Manage the estate’s bank accounts
- Provide clarity on all legal issues
The probate process must also be properly concluded. Our probate team can also ensure your loved one’s estate is finalized and closed in accordance with North Carolina law. This involves gathering all required forms, evidence, bank statements, and other evidence needed to resolve your case.
Our Clients Leave Positive Feedback About Our Team
When clients turn to our probate attorney, Andrea G. Farmer, for guidance and direction, they benefit from her familiarity with North Carolina’s probate laws and its probate system.
Of her service and integrity, previous clients say:
- Douglas: “Andrea Farmer was very professional and was very instrumental in helping me…draw up my power of attorney and will. I would strongly recommend her.”
- Sheila K.: “Andrea…made me feel comfortable and anytime I had any questions, I always received a quick response. I highly recommend this firm.”
- C.P: “Mrs. Farmer goes above and beyond! I recommend this firm to everyone needing legal advice, or assistance!”
Focused client care is our priority. Our entire probate team works hard to ensure every client we represent gets the respect, attention, and support they need and deserve.
We Can Help You File and Interpret Your Loved One’s Will
According to the North Carolina Judicial Branch’s guidelines, the will your loved one created is not fully effective until it is probated by the courts. This can be a complex matter when undertaken alone. It can be much easier with assistance from our probate attorney.
In addition to guiding you through the probate court process, we will:
- Search for and identify your loved one’s will
- Determine whether your loved one had a safe deposit box
- Compile all relevant estate planning documents
- Ensure your loved one’s estate plan and will are properly filed
Our legal team also knows North Carolina’s estate planning laws. That means we can help you accurately assess and value your loved one’s assets. We will also explain and implement the trusts, directives, and various powers of attorney that create a complete and comprehensive estate plan.
For a legal consultation with a probate lawyer serving Lincoln County, call 828.286.3866
Our Probate Team Wants To Provide Comprehensive Legal Support
The loss of a family member in Lincoln County can be an emotional and upsetting period. At the same time, overseeing the distribution of assets and abiding by their wishes can add to an already stressful situation. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our probate lawyer can help your family by:
- Alleviating stress and minimizing conflict
- Overseeing and streamlining the probate process
- Answering legal questions and addressing concerns
Because our probate team provides an objective view of the situation, your family can rest assured that your loved one’s preferences are being followed. Our involvement can alleviate discord and promote family harmony. Our assistance also ensures each family member will have clarity and peace of mind.
Lincoln County Probate Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Resources for Probate Claimants in North Carolina
With resources, you can understand everything about probate and what it entails. Some of these resources include:
- Information from the North Carolina Judicial Branch. This organization has complete guides to navigating probate. It also has these guides published in three languages, including Spanish.
- Our FAQ page. You can read some FAQs on our website, including “What happens to a deceased person’s bank account?” and “North Carolina Inheritance Laws.”
- Our case reviews. If you’re interested in exploring your legal options with our team, you can give us a call at any time. We can discuss the circumstances of your loved one’s passing, what you’re expecting from our legal team, and probate court in general.
Call for Immediate Help Today
Do not let the duties of resolving your loved one’s estate in Lincoln County overwhelm you. Learn more about how our probate lawyer can help you fulfill your loved one’s final wishes and help your family through an emotionally trying time. Contact one of our team members at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC by phone or contact us online.