Whether you were injured by a car accident, dog bite, or workplace injury in Spindale, N.C., our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is here to help. We understand how detrimental these situations can be to your personal, professional, and financial stability. A Spindale personal injury lawyer from our firm wants to take legal action on your behalf.
Right now, you may be recovering from an accident-related injury or helping a loved one heal from theirs. Either way, if there is evidence to establish that the accident was due to another party’s negligence, we can help you seek recovery for your losses. If you’re ready to learn more about our services and your potential financial recovery, we have a team member standing by to offer a complimentary consultation.
In This Article
- Services You Can Expect from Our Personal Injury Team Serving Spindale, N.C.
- Recoverable Damages in a Spindale, N.C., Personal Injury Case
- Our Team Must Prove Negligence in Your Spindale Injury Case
- Steps to Take After You Have Been Injured in a Wreck in Spindale, N.C.
- Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Today
Services You Can Expect from Our Personal Injury Team Serving Spindale, N.C.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we have empowered more than 10,000 clients across four offices with our legal representation. To promote your case’s success, some of the services that we can provide include:
- Taking legal action promptly
- Identifying all liable parties and notifying them of your intention to take legal action
- Handling all communications with the involved parties, including insurance companies and legal teams
- Completing and submitting paperwork by all appropriate deadlines
- Investigating the details of the incident that caused your injuries
- Estimating the cost of your economic and non-economic damages
- Negotiating for a settlement that represents the scope of your losses
- Advising you as you make crucial decisions in the case
- Taking the case to court, if necessary
Our Spindale personal injury lawyer will do all these things for you. You may worry about how your financial situation will affect your ability to take advantage of our legal support. However, our team never wants attorney’s fees to prevent potential clients from seeking justice and compensation.
Our Services will Cost You Nothing Out of Pocket
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not collect any attorney’s fees until the successful resolution of your case, whether that be before a judge or an out-of-court settlement. If we are unable to deliver a court award or settlement, you owe us nothing.
Even when we win a case, we take our fee as a percentage of the damages recovered. You can discuss this fee arrangement further when you reach out for a free consultation.
We Have a Positive Track Record with Our Clients
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimately settlement.” – Tammy C.
- “What a great firm. I highly recommend Farmer & Morris. I felt comfortable and taken care of. I will take any legal problems I have to them.” – Heidi T.
- “Communication was great and explained things in a professional way. The outcome exceeded my expectations.” – Don D.
You can read further testimonials from other clients we’ve helped here.
Recoverable Damages in a Spindale, N.C., Personal Injury Case
You may be facing significant financial strain because of your injuries. If your case is successful, you could recover your:
- Medical expenses, such as corrective procedures or emergency care
- Rehabilitative treatment, including physical therapy and mental health counseling
- Lost wages during your recovery period
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to work at full capacity or at all
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Psychological distress
We will work on accounting for each type of damage you experienced because of another party’s negligence.
Calculating the Value of Your Damages After Your Wreck
When our team reviews your case, we will divide your damages into items that have a tangible economic value and those that apply more to the emotional aspect of your losses.
Doing so is important for several reasons. First, it makes it easier for us to calculate the case’s value. Economic damages come with financial values attached, meaning we can use your bills, receipts, invoices, and other documents to add them up. Meanwhile, non-economic damages require the use of formulas or other methods to assign value to them.
Second, North Carolina has a statutory cap on the amount of non-economic damages you can collect in medical malpractice cases under G.S. § 90-21.19. This will affect how we calculate the value of your potential settlement or award.
Our Team Must Prove Negligence in Your Spindale Injury Case
The outcome of your Spindale personal injury case will essentially rest on our lawyer’s ability to prove that the party responsible for your injuries acted negligently. North Carolina is a contributory negligence state, which means you cannot be at fault in the accident if you want to recover compensation from the other party for your injuries.
To get you the compensation you need, our legal team must establish:
- The liable party had a duty of care to take reasonable actions that would not harm others.
- The liable party, intentionally or not, violated this duty through their action or inaction.
- The liable party’s actions contributed to the accident in which you were injured.
- You have suffered injuries, expenses, and other damages, all related to the wreck.
We will need to investigate the circumstances of the case and collect evidence to establish each of these elements. While we get to work advocating on your behalf, there are certain measures you can take to promote your case’s success.
Steps to Take After You Have Been Injured in a Wreck in Spindale, N.C.
The following steps do not guarantee compensation; however, in the long run, they can work to your advantage when filing an insurance claim or lawsuit:
Seeking Prompt Medical Attention
After an accident in the Spindale area, your physical health should be among your top priorities. While visiting with a medical professional, you should keep all documents relating to your care, including imaging scans, lab results, and prescribed medications.
If you do not seek medical attention following your accident, the other party could argue that:
- Your injuries were not caused by the accident in question.
- You aggravated your injuries by not seeking medical attention.
- Your injuries have not affected your quality of life to the extent that you claim.
If you were injured while on the job, you may have a limited time to seek treatment or else risk jeopardizing your claim. When you call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we can explain in further detail what this could mean to your individual situation.
You May not Want to Speak to Insurance Companies Without a Lawyer
The involved insurance companies will likely contact you offering a fast settlement following your injuries. This approach is designed to keep you from pursuing litigation. Many times, insurance companies will purposefully offer you a settlement that does not cover the cost of your damages, hoping that you do not know the exact value of your losses.
When you work with a personal injury lawyer from our team, we will likely advise you to avoid making any statements regarding your injuries and direct any communications to us. We will examine the scope of your economic and non-economic damages and then negotiate for an appropriate settlement offer. If the insurance company does not agree to these terms, then our legal team can potentially take the case to court.
Acting Within North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
Under G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in North Carolina. This legal deadline is known as the state’s statute of limitations. We encourage you to act quickly; our team wants to give your case the attention to detail that it needs.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Today
No matter how your accident happened or the severity of your injuries, our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, wants to hear from you. We have offices in multiple locations throughout North and South Carolina, including Rutherfordton, Spartanburg, Morganton, and Shelby – our Rutherfordton location serves Spindale and other nearby communities.
We want to hear about your personal injury case today. To get started with a free case review, call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, at (828) 286-3866. During this call, we can discuss your legal options and outline the next steps for moving forward.