Our Cherokee County motorcycle accident lawyer will help you seek compensation if you or a loved one sustained injuries in a collision. We will help you effectively navigate the monetary recovery process. Our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, will collect the array of evidence necessary to build your case file and assign a financial value to your injuries and the expenses that stem from them.
We carefully investigate your accident and determine the value of your required medical care and the income you lose when your injuries prevent you from working. In addition, we help you value the cost of your mental and emotional trauma and current and future pain and suffering. We also fight for a favorable financial settlement on your behalf.
The Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
According to South Carolina Department of Public Safety statistics, there were 51 motorcycle and moped accidents in Cherokee County in 2019. Of these, 24 resulted in injuries, and three involved a fatality. If you or a family member suffered injuries or a loved one died in a motorcycle wreck, our team members will:
- Uncover the cause of your motorcycle accident
- Canvass the accident scene for photo and video evidence
- Identify the at-fault party and their insurance provider
- Review the scope and limitations of their policy
Because you are largely unprotected in a motorcycle accident, the injuries you sustain can change your physical appearance and abilities. Our team makes sure you get the compensation you deserve to receive the treatments your injuries require. We also negotiate a settlement for you and help you start rebuilding your life. We will consult with medical and financial experts to help us determine a fair value for your damages.
Our Team Handles Your Evidence Collection
Collecting evidence after a motorcycle accident can be time-consuming and tedious. While you recover from your injuries, our team takes care of compiling the proof needed to substantiate your case. The evidence our personal injury attorney collects for you includes:
- Medical records
- Employment records
- Tax returns
- Accident report
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
After gathering your evidence, we organize it and submit it to the at-fault driver and their insurer. In the majority of motorcycle accident cases, this evidence will lead to a financial settlement. Although very few cases result in a trial, we will represent you in court if the at-fault party does not make a fair settlement offer.
Calculate the At-Fault Driver’s Liability
Assigning a monetary value to your Cherokee County motorcycle accident is a complicated undertaking. We compile the receipts, documents, and estimates that establish the value of your case. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our team helps you pursue the following recoverable damages:
- Current and future medical costs
- Current and future lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage or loss
- Diminished motorcycle value
- Funeral and burial expenses if applicable
Our motorcycle accident lawyer also helps you seek noneconomic damages, including compensation for mental and emotional trauma, lasting disability and scarring, and current and future pain and suffering.
The Danger of an Expired Statute of Limitations
In South Carolina, the personal injury and wrongful death statutes of limitations are generally three years, according to S.C. Ann § 15-3-530. Therefore, as part of representing you—and with enough notice from you—we will meet the filing deadline. Doing so reduces the chances of having your case dismissed before it can even be heard.
Early intervention has additional benefits. It enables us to conduct a comprehensive investigation, interview witnesses while memories remain fresh, and build a compelling case file that leads to the best possible financial outcome for you.
We Make Every Client a Priority
Our team understands how frustrating and stressful it can be to wait for a financial settlement. When we represent you, we explain the entire process and probable timeline of your case. We also provide you with:
- Ongoing updates on the progress of your case
- Responsive and supportive legal representation
- A guiding hand through the settlement process
When we manage your case, we treat you like a person, not a case file. That means we check on your physical recovery, negotiate on your behalf, and never stop fighting for your financial recovery.
Your Fight for Compensation is Our Team’s Fight, Too
A motorcycle accident can change your life. Our personal injury team fights hard to help you get your life back in order. On our reviews page, clients we helped in the past said:
- “I am so grateful to Mrs. Valentine for dealing [with] my case and helping me through it. They quickly responded to the emails and can talk over the phone if you have any questions/trouble. Highly recommended.” – Leela Krishna Patamsetti
- “Gabrielle Valentine is a very skillful and dedicated lawyer. I highly recommend her. She got me the best possible outcome…Her service was excellent, communication efficient, and she kept my worries at ease through the entire process.” – Hannah Mixon
- “I am forever grateful to Mark Morris and his staff…He is a very honest, upright, and meticulous man. He worked extremely hard and diligently to win my case. My results were amazing…I could not be better pleased and relieved that I went with Mark Morris.” – Andrew McSwain
When we represent you in your pursuit of financial compensation, we aim to resolve your case and help you and your family start putting your life back together after a devastating motorcycle accident.
Call for Your Free Case Review Today
Our motorcycle accident lawyer can help you prepare an effective case for monetary compensation if you or someone you love suffered injuries in a wreck in Cherokee County. Contact one of our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team members by calling (828) 286-3866 to start building your case today.