Filing for bankruptcy is a difficult decision, but it does not have to be a difficult process. A Polk County bankruptcy lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, will help you amass the plethora of required forms, schedules, and other documents. We will also help you understand the difference between bankruptcy chapters, choose the right one for you, and represent you in court.
If your debt has overwhelmed you, the bankruptcy process can help you avoid having your wages garnished and keep possession of your real and personal property. Bankruptcy gives you a fresh financial start. It also stops collection agencies from sending you harassing and intimidating letters, emails, and phone calls. We will answer your questions, address your concerns, and guide you seamlessly through the bankruptcy process.
Four Beneficial Forms of Bankruptcy
One of the most common reasons people and businesses file for bankruptcy is to erase insurmountable debt. Another reason is to stop creditors from using invasive and relentless tactics to berate them into payments they cannot afford to make. Our law firm represents clients who choose one of the following four bankruptcy chapters:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows individuals and small business owners to erase most debts and retain most assets.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows individuals and companies to reorganize their existing debts and create a manageable debt relief plan.
- Chapter 12 bankruptcy is specifically for family farmers or fishermen and allows them to create a sensible debt repayment plan.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows individual filers to alleviate debt and create a debt repayment plan.
Our bankruptcy attorney serving Polk County helps you carefully assess your debts and choose the bankruptcy chapter that offers the most beneficial relief, according to guidelines from the U.S. Courts. We also help you obtain, complete, and file all relevant court documents and attachments. In addition, we help you identify all dischargeable debt as you seek maximum financial relief.
Debts You Can Discharge By Filing for Bankruptcy
A primary benefit of filing for bankruptcy is its ability to discharge – or erase – much, if not all, of your debt load. According to additional guidance from the U.S. Courts, once your debts are discharged, you are permanently free of them. Creditors can take no further collection action against you. Bankruptcy can relieve you of secured and unsecured debts, including:
- Medical bills
- Utility bills
- Unpaid rent
- Personal loans
- Credit card bills
Our bankruptcy relief team will help you fight for relief and take the weight of debt off your shoulders. We will also help you take legal action against creditors who do not comply with bankruptcy’s collection requirements.
Experience the Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Advantage
When we help individuals and business owners file for bankruptcy, we know the process can be stressful. We also understand the benefits you will experience. For clients in Polk County, our bankruptcy lawyer manages all aspects of your case and provides ongoing updates on its process. We will:
- Submit all bankruptcy forms
- List all assets and debts
- Clarify tax consequences
- Ensure creditors are notified
- Represent you in court
If you are faced with debt that you cannot realistically pay off with your current income, we will help you review your legal options. You do not have to battle debt or deal with the complex bankruptcy process on your own. Our bankruptcy team can help you start building a future of hope by erasing the debts of the past.
Forms and Schedules We Help You Compile
Among the abundance of paperwork involved in bankruptcy proceedings are the required schedules. Schedules are detailed lists filed by the debtor and are required forms in bankruptcy court. Our team will help you create the following detailed and comprehensive lists and schedules to support your bankruptcy application:
- Past and current creditors
- Types and amounts of debt
- Income streams and sources
- Real and personal property
Our legal team will explain bankruptcy law, acquire all relevant forms, and make sure they are filed on time. We will also ensure that you understand the benefits and protections of bankruptcy and how it affects your current and future credit status. In addition, we help you ensure your new financial circumstance is accurately reflected in your credit report.
Previous Bankruptcy Success Stories
Because our team understands the challenges of getting out of debt and learning new spending habits, we never stop supporting our bankruptcy clients. People we have helped in the past say:
- “The choice to hire Josh Farmer may have been the best decision I made in 2013. A shout out to Ann D. for her gentle loving persistence with the mountain of paperwork is also in order. Thanks to the entire firm.” – David
- “Simply put, Caleb did everything that I could possibly have expected and more. Even in the years following the bankruptcy, Caleb and Sandie went way above and beyond to help us with every aspect of the process. You will not find better people. – John
- “With their assistance we are now getting to the end of the process and their valued assistance has made it possible to pay off our debts and rebuild our credit. We will be forever thankful to their talented staff. We highly recommend them to anyone considering bankruptcy.” – a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Client
Like these clients, you can enjoy the newfound freedom and flexibility of bankruptcy. Read more from clients who are enjoying debt relief on our reviews page or by reading our firm’s Google Reviews.
Call for Your Bankruptcy Consultation Today
Your debt does not have to overpower you or keep you in an endless cycle of feast or famine. When our bankruptcy attorney helps clients in Polk County file for bankruptcy, we simultaneously help you start over with a clean slate and a fresh outlook.
You can learn more about how you can get the financial help and support you need by calling our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC team at (828) 286-3866 today.