Car accidents can be scary and confusing. Typically, you would exchange contact and insurance information with one another, and then you could file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. But what happens when the other driver fails to stop and drives away from the scene of the accident?
Navigating the insurance claim process after a hit-and-run accident can be very stressful and complex. Let the Spindale hit-and-run accident attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC help you get your case in order and seek appropriate compensation for your damages.
In This Article
- We Fight for Hit-and-Run Victims in Spindale
- Can You Get Compensation After a Spindale Hit-and-Run Accident?
- Is a Hit and Run Illegal in North Carolina?
- How Much Will My Compensation Be?
- Will My Insurance Rates Increase After a Spindale Hit-and-Run Accident?
- What to Do After a Spindale Hit-and-Run Accident
- Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC ASAP
We Fight for Hit-and-Run Victims in Spindale
Get a Spindale hit-and-run accident lawyer on your side to maximize your insurance claim and exhaust all your options for seeking compensation. The attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can help with your case in the following ways:
- Advise you on your legal options
- Gather evidence of your accident, injuries, and damages
- Calculate the damages you’ve suffered from the hit-and-run accident
- File an insurance claim through your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy
- Find other sources of possible compensation
- Negotiate with insurance companies to get you an appropriate settlement
Don’t let the cost of a lawyer stop you from seeking justice. We are happy to review your case for free and help you understand your legal options. From there, we can start the process of building your case and filing your claim for no upfront costs.
For a legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving Spindale, call 828.286.3866
Can You Get Compensation After a Spindale Hit-and-Run Accident?
Yes, you can still seek compensation after a hit-and-run accident even if the other driver is never caught. That’s because North Carolina law requires drivers to carry uninsured motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage in addition to their regular auto insurance policy. Per G.S. § 20-279.21, all North Carolina drivers must have UM and UIM coverage with the following minimums:
- $30,000 UM bodily injury coverage per person, up to $60,000 per accident
- $30,000 UIM bodily injury coverage per person, up to $60,000 per accident
- $25,000 UM/UIM property damage coverage
You can seek compensation for damages with clear monetary value and for damages that don’t have a price tag. Some of the economic and non-economic damages your Spindale hit-and-run accident lawyer will calculate for you include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost income and earning capacity
- Disability and permanent injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death if you lost a loved one in a hit-and-run accident
Spindale Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Is a Hit and Run Illegal in North Carolina?
Yes, North Carolina requires all drivers involved in an accident to stop their vehicles, check that others involved in the accident are okay, and wait until law enforcement arrives to process the scene. This includes minor accidents that don’t result in serious injury or visible property damage.
However, some drivers may leave the scene of an accident for many reasons, including:
- Driving uninsured or underinsured (having a policy that doesn’t meet North Carolina’s minimum coverage amounts)
- Driving without a valid license or registration
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving a stolen vehicle
- Committing another crime
- Fear of the consequences
No matter why the other driver left the scene of your accident, you don’t deserve to live with the consequences of their actions. A Spindale hit-and-run accident attorney at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can help you explore all your legal options for holding them accountable and getting much-needed compensation to pay for your injuries.
How Much Will My Compensation Be?
It’s hard to tell you how much compensation you can recover after your hit-and-run accident. That’s because the amount will depend on a few different factors:
- Whether you have the required UM/UIM policies
- The maximum limits of your UM/UIM policies
- The amounts of your personal auto insurance policy
- Whether you’re eligible to file claims through other policies in your household
You may also be able to seek compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance policy if they have one and if the driver is found. Should the at-fault driver who fled the scene be caught, we can help you navigate the legal process of holding them accountable for their negligence.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Will My Insurance Rates Increase After a Spindale Hit-and-Run Accident?
No, your insurance rates should not go up after being involved in a hit and run and filing a UM/UIM claim. Do not be afraid to seek compensation through your insurance policy. That is your legal right, and you should not be punished for the at-faut driver’s actions.
Our attorneys can better represent you to your insurance company and help you file a claim, which can reduce the likelihood of your rates going up.
What to Do After a Spindale Hit-and-Run Accident
After an accident, you should always seek medical attention for yourself and any passengers as soon as possible. Follow these additional steps to preserve evidence that we can use to file your hit-and-run insurance claim:
- Call 9-1-1 to get the police and emergency medical services to the scene right away.
- Write down everything you remember about the other driver and their vehicle, such as what they looked like, the make, model, and color of their vehicle, and their license plate number.
- File a police report, providing all the information about the other driver and their vehicle.
- Document the scene by taking photos or videos of your vehicle’s damage, signs of the other vehicle (i.e. road markings), and any hazards.
- Collect contact information from witnesses.
- Contact a hit-and-run accident attorney right away to get help filing an insurance claim.
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC ASAP
The team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC knows how scary a hit-and-run accident can be, but you’re not alone. We’re here to guide you through the complex process of filing an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim with your insurance company. We will also work with you to exhaust every possible source of compensation so you can get the financial restitution you deserve.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.