Bus drivers have one job: to drive people from point A to point B. When they drive while distracted, fatigued, or under the influence, they put other people at risk of serious harm. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a bus accident, you have legal options.
A Spindale bus accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can advocate for what you need. We offer free case reviews where you can explore your options and get peace of mind.
In This Article
- We Manage These Bus Accident Cases in North Carolina
- Types of Recoverable Damages Following a Bus Accident in Spindale
- We Advocate for Families Who Have Lost Loved Ones
- We Will File Your Lawsuit Within North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
- Your Lawyer Will Manage Everything Your Bus Accident Case Requires
- Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to Seek Compensation Today
We Manage These Bus Accident Cases in North Carolina
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC manages bus accident cases involving school buses, government transit vehicles, and charter buses. We’re ready to manage your case if you suffered harm as:
- A motorist driving your personal vehicle
- A pedestrian, bicyclist, or another road user
- A bus driver or passenger on a bus
- An employee operating a work-related vehicles
During your free case review, we can discuss your legal options in more detail and work out a plan of action.
For a legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Spindale, call 828.286.3866
Types of Recoverable Damages Following a Bus Accident in Spindale
Our team will seek compensation for each of your injury-related losses, including:
Medical bills can include any healthcare expenses related to your injuries. Examples include surgeries, hospitalization, and medications. A personal injury claim can also include your past, present, and future medical expenses.
Property Damage Expenses
If you were injured as a motorist in a collision with a bus, your car could be damaged or even totaled. If so, reimbursement should cover all necessary expenses, including the cost of repairs or replacement.
You could be eligible to recover lost wages if you could not work while recovering from your injuries. In addition, if your injuries forced you to change jobs or transfer to a lesser-paying position, we can calculate this loss into your claim.
Pain and Suffering
Your losses go beyond your financial damages. The accident could affect your quality of life, day-to-day function, and future. Pain and suffering is designed to compensate you for those hardships. Its value will depend on your situation.
These are just a few of the damages for which you can receive compensation. Depending on your case’s details, you may be able to secure financial recovery for several other losses. Our team can identify your damages and determine their values.
Spindale Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
We Advocate for Families Who Have Lost Loved Ones
If you lost a loved one in a bus accident, we offer our condolences. We’re ready to advocate for your right to damages, which may include:
- The decedent’s end-of-life medical expenses
- The decedent’s physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s income and benefits
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship, services, protection, care, comfort, guidance, and assistance
We Will File Your Lawsuit Within North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations determines how long you have to file a lawsuit. One or more of the following deadlines could apply to your case, depending on what types of damages you’re seeking:
- G.S. § 1-52 notes that you generally have three years to file an injury lawsuit. Your filing period begins counting down from the date you suffered harm or discovered your injuries.
- G.S. § 1-53 notes that you typically have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Your two-year period begins from the date of your loved one’s passing.
Some tolling exceptions could affect your filing period. For instance, if you were hit by a bus owned and operated by the government, this could affect how long you have to file. When you consult with our bus accident lawyers serving Spindale, we will explain more about how long you have to file your potential lawsuit.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Your Lawyer Will Manage Everything Your Bus Accident Case Requires
Your bus accident lawyer will:
Determine the Cause of Your Accident
After reviewing the accident report, witnesses’ statements, and accident reconstruction data, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your collision:
- Driver inexperience
- Poor roadway maintenance
- A defective vehicle (or vehicle part)
- Distracted driving
Establish Liability for Your Losses
Once we discover the cause of your accident, we can seek compensation from one or more of the following parties:
- The bus operator
- The bus company
- The company responsible for the bus’s maintenance and repair
- The government sector that provides transportation, such as a state, county, or city
- The manufacturer, distributor, or seller of defective automotive parts
Regardless of which parties are at fault, you should not suffer due to negligence. You can rest assured that our legal team will protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome.
Manage Your Case on Contingency
When we tell clients that we work on a contingency-fee basis, they ask: “What does that mean?” This arrangement means that we don’t charge you anything to break ground on your case. Compensation for our time and efforts comes from the compensation we secure for you. Otherwise, you don’t pay us for certain services.
Protect You from Bad Faith Insurance Practices
We don’t have patience for bad faith insurance practices. If we sense that the insurance company isn’t negotiating in good faith, we’ll file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. We believe that if you suffered harm, you deserve compensation for your injury-related losses.
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to Seek Compensation Today
Please contact us to schedule a free and confidential consultation today with our bus accident team serving Spindale. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is ready to protect your rights, identify your losses, and pursue the funds you need.