Bicycle accidents can be devastating, especially when a motorist hits a cyclist. Even in a low-speed crash, one can suffer broken bones, head injuries, and other serious conditions.
If you suffered harm because of a negligent party in North Carolina, a Spindale bicycle accident lawyer from our firm is here to advocate for you. You can explore your options now during a free case review with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC.
In This Article
We Offer Legal Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Our clients pay nothing up front or out of pocket for our lawyers’ help. That’s because Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC helps personal injury claimants on a contingency-fee basis. We finance the cost of working with consultants, filing your case’s paperwork, and requesting evidence.
We don’t charge retainers or hourly rates, either. A predetermined percentage of your financial award will pay for our help. You can learn more about this payment arrangement when you start your free case review.
For a legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Spindale, call 828.286.3866
Recoverable Damages for a Bike Accident in Spindale, NC
You could recover compensation either through an insurance claim or a civil lawsuit. Financial recovery in your case could comprise these losses:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance services, emergency care, surgeries, diagnostic testing, rehab, and prescription drugs
- Past and present lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disabilities, such as the loss of a limb
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Loss of life enjoyment
Some of these damages, such as medical bills and lost wages, are easy to evaluate because they are based on receipts and income statements. Others, such as pain and suffering and loss of life enjoyment, are valued based on your situation.
Punitive damages are sometimes recoverable in a civil suit. These are intended to penalize the liable party for their negligent actions and deter them (and others) from engaging in such behavior in the future.
Regardless of the losses you’ve incurred, our team will assess your claim’s worth and seek fair compensation from the liable party.
Spindale Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
What You Can Expect from Your Bicycle Accident Lawyer Serving Spindale
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC will advocate for you by:
Explaining Your Rights and Offering Advice
If you ever have questions or concerns about your case, your attorney is always ready to hear from you. We believe that while struggling with serious injuries, you shouldn’t have to parse through complicated legal jargon or personal injury law alone.
We can help you understand complex legal processes, interpret insurance and medical terminology, and explain what information could support your case.
Completing a Thorough Investigation
To build a compelling case, we must have evidence that supports it. We will find and use the following information to support your right to damages:
- The accident report
- Traffic camera footage
- Information from eyewitnesses
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Information from accident reconstruction specialists
- Statements from your healthcare team
We will also collect your injury-related invoices, billing statements, and receipts. With these documents, we can assert that because another party acted recklessly, you suffered harm.
Assessing the Cost of Your Recoverable Damages
We want to recover compensation that accounts for each aspect of your situation. To determine what you’re owed, we will:
- Consult with field experts
- Add up your receipts and billing statements
- Evaluate the impact of the injury on your life
- Review your employment records
- Determine how North Carolina’s fault laws apply to your situation
Filing All Case-Related Paperwork on Time
While we resolve many bicycle accident claims through negotiations, your case may require a lawsuit to yield compensation. You generally have three years to file a civil lawsuit, per G.S. § 1-52. You have even less time if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a late loved one, per G.S. § 1-53. Here, you usually have two years to file your lawsuit.
When you entrust your bicycle accident case to our lawyers serving Spindale, you won’t have to keep up with these deadlines. All you have to worry about is your health.
What Do Other Clients Have to Say About Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC?
Some of our previous personal injury clients have shared:
- “Farmer & Morris Law have been an absolute treasure to work with on my personal injury case that I sustained from a car accident. Hannah Davies has gone above and beyond any expectations I started out with. She took time to always answer any questions I had, she worked for me when the insurance wanted to stop. I appreciate her and Farmer & Morris Law more than I could ever have the words for.” –Andrea S.
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimately settlement. We could never thank them for all their prayers and hard work.” ––Tammy C.
You can read more of our client testimonials and see how we’re committed to advocating for injured people.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
We’re Ready to Start Advocating for You Today
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you can pursue restitution from an at-fault motorist for your injury-related damages. However, navigating the legal process on your own is challenging––especially if you’re dealing with a life-altering condition or sudden loss.
When you partner with our bicycle accident team serving Spindale, we can assess your situation, gather evidence of your losses, and pursue the maximum compensation available. We’re ready to listen to your story now. Call our team today to begin your free case review.