Intoxicated drivers can cause car accidents that lead to severe injuries, costly medical expenses, and income loss. South Carolina law allows victims to pursue the at-fault driver and their insurer for monetary damages if they can prove the party’s actions and intoxication caused or led to their accidents.
If you were in a collision with an at-fault driver under the influence of alcohol or another substance, our Spartanburg DUI accident lawyer can help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and related losses. Our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team could help you recoup your damages, including property damage or loss and physical and emotional pain and suffering. Our free consultation can help you consider your next steps.
Table of Contents
- We can help you prove your right to compensation
- Recoverable economic damages following a DUI-related accident
- You could recover these non-economic damages as well
- Do not run out of time to pursue recoverable damages
- There is a filing deadline for wrongful death actions in S.C.
- We help prove your right to financial recovery after a DUI accident
- We fight hard for clients injured in DUI accidents
- Get our personal injury team in Spartanburg, S.C., on your side
In This Article
We Can Help You Prove Your Right to Compensation
If another driver consumed alcohol before getting behind the wheel and then caused an accident, they bear financial responsibility for its consequences. When you request compensation, the at-fault driver could be compelled to pay your accident-related expenses if you can prove their negligence.
Our car accident team can help you obtain copies of your South Carolina car accident report. It should tell us the following helpful information:
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- Factors that contributed to the collision
- The accident’s sequence of events
- Blood alcohol content test results
When our team conducts an investigation and compiles this evidence on your behalf, we use it to assess the financial value of your injuries. The evidence can also help us understand the costs of the monetary damages that stem from your injuries.
Recoverable Economic Damages Following a DUI-Related Accident
A car accident can entitle you to collect two different types of financial compensation—economic and non-economic. In Spartanburg, you can request the following economic recoverable damages, per S.C. Ann § 15-32-210:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated income loss
- Vehicle towing and repair expenses
- Costs of going to and from medical treatment
We could also help you recoup the costs of any assistive medical devices your medical providers prescribe. These items include crutches, canes, casts, foam collars, wheelchairs, and more. You can also recover the costs of any prescribed and over-the-counter medications. When our team handles your case, we work hard to ensure an accurate assessment of these damages.
You Could Recover These Non-Economic Damages as Well
The driver who caused your accident can also be held financially accountable for the intangible expenses that stem from your injuries. These recoverable losses, called non-economic damages, can include:
- Forced changes to your way of life
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Future loss of wages or other income
- Lasting physical disabilities or disfigurement
Our case review team will help you assign a financial value to these expenses since they will not have accompanying bills, receipts, or other documentation to guide you toward an accurate assessment. We use your written prognosis and the degree and severity of your injuries to determine their value.
For a legal consultation with a dui accidents lawyer serving Spartanburg, call 828.286.3866
Do not Run Out of Time to Pursue Recoverable Damages
While you are entitled to recover your financial damages from the at-fault driver, the time you have to do so is limited. Since your wreck happened in Spartanburg, the relevant statute of limitations is governed by South Carolina’s state law. Accordingly, S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit for up to three years from the date of the accident.
There’s a Filing Deadline for Wrongful Death Actions in S.C.
If someone you love was fatally injured in the wreck, S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally allows you to file a wrongful death lawsuit for up to three years from the date of their demise. Doing so can help you recover the costs of their funeral and burial expenses. Our client care team takes care of these details for you and—with enough notice—ensures compliance with the statute of limitations.
Spartanburg DUI Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
We will Fight to Prove Your Right to Financial Recovery After a DUI Accident
Our DUI accident lawyer works hard to build your Spartanburg evidence file because it tells our South Carolina car accident team and the at-fault driver’s team the cause of your accident. It helps establish negligence and can also steer settlement negotiations in your favor. Evidence we gather on your behalf includes:
- The car wreck report to establish the accident’s cause and date
- Medical records to prove the degree of your injuries
- Medical bills to prove the cost of past and future treatments
- Witness statements to support your version of events
- Photos and videos that capture details of the collision
Our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team in Spartanburg treats every injured client we represent with kindness and compassion. We also work hard to do most of the work for you so that you can focus on getting better. We fight for a favorable financial settlement so that you can avoid the time and expense of a prolonged trial.
We Fight Hard for Clients Injured in DUI Accidents
The clients we represent who were injured because of another person’s negligence need more than cookie-cutter legal assistance. They need individualized support throughout the compensation process. Our previous civil lawsuit clients say:
- “He was recommended very highly by a mutual friend and even though he was very busy at the time because of another case he was involved in, he graciously took on my case…He won the case for me, and…I recommend him highly to anyone. You will be very pleased.” — Jayne
- “I enlisted Mrs. Hannah Davies to handle my problem [and] in two weeks I had my money back…In the future, if I have [a] problem, Mrs. Davies will be my first call.” — Gerald
When you put our team to work for you, you get the same level of personalized attention we provided for each of these clients. We also make sure you feel respected and appreciated while you fight for the compensation you are entitled to due to negligence.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Get Our Personal Injury Team in Spartanburg, S.C., on Your Side
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision with an intoxicated driver, our DUI accident lawyer can help you recover financial compensation from the at-fault driver.
Find out how we can help when you contact one of our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team members in our Spartanburg office at (864) 582-1310 today.