Hit-and-run accidents can be devastating, especially if you’re dealing with serious injuries. However, regardless of whether the other driver is found, you have legal options.
A Spartanburg hit-and-run accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can explain your options during a free case review. We’re ready to listen to your story and determine a suitable course of action.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You should not have to worry about affording a lawyer following a hit-and-run accident. So, we offer help on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t pay anything unless we secure compensation for your losses. If we recover what you need, a portion of your settlement will pay for our help, minimizing your financial risk when partnering with us.
We Will Do Everything Possible To Locate the Other Driver
Our team of lawyers also doubles as a team of investigators. Using the following information, we will attempt to locate the at-fault driver:
- The other vehicle’s make, model, color, and partial or complete license plate number
- The names and contact information of any eyewitnesses
- A physical description of the other driver
- The direction the other vehicle was going when the crash happened
- Photos of your car’s damage, especially if the other vehicle’s paint is visible at the impact site
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- A description of the damage to the other vehicle
- The precise time and location of the wreck
In many cases, footage from nearby security cameras at intersections and businesses can also help identify the perpetrator. Your hit-and-run accident team in Spartanburg will do everything possible to recover compensation for your losses, whether we find the other driver or not.
Compensation Could Account for These Losses
Whether through an insurance settlement or court award, compensation in your case could include:
- Healthcare expenses, both past and future
- Property damage costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
How much you are owed depends on your situation, including your estimated recovery period. Your hit-and-run accident lawyer in Spartanburg will pursue everything you need to ensure your financial stability.
You Could Recover Damages Through an Uninsured Motorist Claim
South Carolina Code of Laws § 38-77-160 requires uninsured motorist coverage to be part of every auto insurance policy. This protects individuals against accidents caused by uninsured or unidentified drivers.
Moreover, if you don’t know the party that caused the wreck, you could turn to your own insurer for coverage. Our lawyers in Spartanburg can explain more about this option during your free case review.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit?
Under South Carolina’s statute of limitations (S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530), you generally have three years to file a lawsuit. This period could vary based on your situation. For instance, the state may pause your case’s filing period until the at-fault driver is found.
Your lawyer will manage your case’s deadlines and everything they entail. Yet, we must learn about your situation first to start upholding your legal rights.
What To Expect from Your Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
When you partner with our team in Spartanburg, you can expect us to:
Review Your Case for Free
We offer free case reviews to prospective clients interested in exploring their legal options. During our confidential conversation, we can discuss what you’re expecting from the legal process, as well as other facts of your case.
Give Updates on Your Case
With our team advocating for you, you’ll never have to wonder what’s going on with your claim. You can trust that through emails and phone calls, we’ll keep you abreast of any updates or changes to your claim or lawsuit.
Offer Insight into Your Situation
We’ve served more than 10,000 clients since we first opened our doors. When we take your case, we examine it from a variety of angles, applying our network of resources and years of experience. We know what goes into building a strong case. We will prove that because another party injured you, you deserve compensation for your losses.
Our team wants to be part of your support system as you recover from your injuries. This involves managing everything your case requires, including:
- Gathering evidence
- Filing your claim
- Negotiating a settlement
- Estimating the cost of your losses
- Following all case-related deadlines
- Managing all case-related communications
- Moving forward with a lawsuit
- Protecting you from the other party’s intimidation tactics
Whatever your case needs to reach a fair conclusion, we’re ready to do it.
Previous Clients Share Their Experiences About Working with Us
After securing compensation for their losses, some of our previous clients have posted:
- “Farmer & Morris Law have been an absolute treasure to work with on my personal injury case that I sustained from a car accident. Hannah Davies has gone above and beyond any expectations I started out with…They are professional, prompt with responses, and caring. I would highly recommend them for any attorney services you need.” ––Andrea S.
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimately settlement.” ––Tammy C.
Hire a Spartanburg Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Today
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC represents victims of hit-and-run wrecks involving motorists, passengers, pedestrians, and more. Contact us today for a free and confidential case review. Our attorneys can start investigating the circumstances of your case and work toward a fair settlement.