Our firm provides Rutherfordton, North Carolina, residents with a dedicated team – including a lawyer – who can draft wills, durable power of attorney documents, healthcare power of attorney documents, and other basic estate administration documents.
It is very important for you to have such documents in place, regardless of your age. We endeavor to provide all clients with documents that clearly express their desires and ensure their wishes regarding their healthcare and estate are fulfilled.
Can I Get Help with Wills and Estate Matters?
A wills and estate lawyer from our Rutherfordton office would be more than happy to assist you with a will, power of attorney documents, or any other matter pertaining to estate administration. With our help, you can have the peace of mind of knowing that your affairs have been handled by a professional, dedicated legal team.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can take care of any and all legal tasks that you need completed, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing your case: Prospective clients are welcome to call at any time of the day or night. A member of our team will be available to listen to your story.
- Figuring out what you need: Depending on your circumstances, you may require different legal solutions. We can review the pros and cons of all possible options and help you decide which is best for you.
- Handling documents: We can let you know what types of documents we need from you and help you fill out any essential paperwork. We can also explain the implications of each piece of paperwork before you sign it.
- Making changes to existing documents: If circumstances change and you need new or revised documents, do not hesitate to let us know.
Our firm has three offices in North Carolina, including one in Rutherfordton. Our team there can provide you and your family with responsive, empathetic legal care that meets all your needs. This includes:
- Providing compassionate assistance: We know that crafting a will or other legal document can be stressful and emotional. If there is anything we can do to make the process easier, just ask.
- Answering all questions: Contact us if you have any concerns. We always get back to clients promptly.
- Keeping you in the loop: It can sometimes take a while to complete such important legal matters. We can keep you informed every step of the way.
For a legal consultation with a wills and estate lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
Why do I Need a Will?
In North Carolina, wills are regulated by a series of laws found in Chapter 31 of the General Statutes. G.S. § 31-3.1, for instance, states that, unless all laws within this chapter are complied with, the will is invalid. If your will is declared invalid, your desired beneficiaries may not get anything.
A properly executed will ensures that your property and assets will pass to the individuals you have designated after your death. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can help you ensure that all necessary requirements are met and that your will is legally valid. This way, your designated heirs benefit from any and all property you leave behind, including:
- Real estate
- Businesses you own
- Family heirlooms
- Cash in bank accounts
Rutherfordton Wills and Estate Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Do I Need a Power of Attorney Or a Healthcare Power of Attorney?
There are several different kinds of powers of attorney. For example, you may need a durable power of attorney, or a statutory healthcare power of attorney, or both. A general power of attorney designation does not automatically give someone the right to make decisions regarding your healthcare in the event of your incapacity, and a healthcare power of attorney does not make decisions regarding your financial and legal matters.
Our team can work with you to ensure that all your estate administration needs are met. As Douglas, one of our estate planning clients, stated, we provide “very professional” service to those who need us.
What Other Services Does Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Offer?
Our firm can help with tasks beyond drawing up a will or a power of attorney document. In addition to the services outlined above, we help clients with:
- Estate probate: Losing a loved one is not easy. We are here to aid you with the job of legally managing and distributing property and assets after the death of a relative.
- Legal guardianship for adults: We provide services to individuals whose loved one no longer has sufficient mental capacity to make decisions for themselves and is thus in need of a legal guardian. We work with families to ensure their loved ones are cared for.
- Legal representation for children: Per the North Carolina Judicial Branch, a guardian ad litem is sometimes necessary to protect and represent children in court. We can provide your child with a guardian ad litem if necessary.
The team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can offer a wide range of services pertaining to wills and estate administration. A lawyer from our Rutherfordton office can put your mind at ease by securing the future for yourself and your family.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Get Guidance From Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
Estate administration is a sensitive subject that requires compassionate yet professional legal care. If you are in Rutherfordton, N.C., and would like help with wills, power of attorney, or other matters of estate administration, call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, at (828) 286-3866 today. Members of our team are standing by to speak with you about how a lawyer from our office can help protect your future.