If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, a lawyer from our firm can help. We provide services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that we only get paid our attorney’s fees if we get compensation for you. We proudly serve clients in Rutherfordton, North Carolina and surrounding areas.
You have the right to sue the negligent party for the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We want to take on your legal burdens by investigating the circumstances of the collision, estimating the value of your losses, and negotiating for a fair settlement on your behalf.
In This Article
Possible Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident
If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, you should not be forced to cover your accident-related expenses out of pocket. Instead, a settlement agreement or court award can cover the cost of your economic and non-economic damages.
You may be able to pursue expenses related to:
- Medical bills, both current and anticipated, for all physical and psychological harm caused by the accident
- Wages and other benefits that you lost when you were temporarily unable to work
- Wages and other benefits that you will lose in the future due to a permanently reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering brought on by both physical and psychological harm
- Property damage, especially damage to your motorcycle that forced you to either pay for repairs or buy an entirely new bike
- Emotional trauma that resulted in or worsened a mental illness, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Overall reduced quality of life caused by a combination of the above factors
These damages may be available to those filing both personal injury and wrongful death cases. However, if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a loved one who passed away from their injuries, you may also be entitled to compensation for:
- Funeral expenses associated with laying the deceased to rest
- The loss of the deceased’s income, which would have gone to supporting their children and other dependents
- The loss of the deceased’s love, affection, guidance, and other intangible benefits
“How Much is my Case Worth?”
Claimants often ask how much they can collect in compensation for their injuries. Typically, the more severe your injuries, the more you can pursue for items related to pain and suffering. However, it really does depend on the specifics of your case and how willing the liable party’s insurance company is to negotiate.
To give yourself a better chance of receiving fair compensation without having to spend a lot of time and effort on a lawsuit, let Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC handle your case. We can look for evidence that proves you need and deserve damages, including:
- Medical bills and records
- Repair bills
- Witness testimony
- Accident reports
- Receipts from accident-related purchases
We can use this evidence, as well as your personal testimony and recollections, to estimate how much your damages are worth. We can then fight hard to get that amount from the insurance company.
A Lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Can Fight for You
A motorcycle accident can cause devastating injuries that impact your physical, emotional, and financial health. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we can explore your legal options while you focus on recovering.
Some of the services our team can undertake include:
- Filing your case and its relevant paperwork with the appropriate courts and offices
- Keeping you updated on your case’s progress as it evolves
- Negotiating for a settlement that covers your collision-related expenses and your pain and suffering
- Investigating the case to learn more about your situation
- Consulting with field experts, including medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
- Communicating with the involved parties and their insurers
- Negotiating with your medical providers and other sources of health coverage
- Advocating on your behalf in court, if necessary
Finally, we understand that money may be tight for you and your family at this difficult time. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC makes our services more accessible to more people by:
- Offering a free, no-obligation case review to all callers
- Charging no attorney’s fees up front
- Never charging any attorney’s fees if we cannot win the case
Liability in a Motorcycle Accident
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC wants to hear from you as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident. We can investigate the circumstances of your collision, and from there, we can pursue the cost of your losses from the negligent party.
Who is the liable party in your case? You may already have a good idea, or you may have no idea at all. Either way, we can seek evidence to prove the liable party’s identity and that they are responsible for the crash, whether they are:
- A driver
- A maintenance team
- An auto part manufacturer
- A combination of the above
We can determine liability by:
- Requesting the police report
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Consulting with accident reconstruction specialists
- Reviewing photos and video footage captured by witnesses or traffic cameras
We want to get started on your case as soon as possible. The sooner you call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, the sooner we can start fighting for your rights and get you the money you are entitled to.
North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
Each state imposes certain deadlines when it comes to filing a lawsuit in personal injury cases. In North Carolina, under G.S. § 1-52, you have three years from the date of your accident to file a civil action. If you do not pursue litigation within this period, you will likely lose your right to compensation through the court system.
Some details of your situation may allow for additional time to act. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can explain in further detail what this could mean for your Rutherfordton case.
Types of Injuries Sustained in a Motorcycle Accident
According to statistics from Page 38 of a report issued by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV), in 2019, there were 3,422 accidents involving motorcycles. These accidents resulted in 3,315 injuries.
Motorcycles offer less protection than cars or trucks, so motorcycle drivers may be at greater risk of suffering a devastating injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Neck and back injuries
No matter what type of injury you or your loved one suffered, a lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can assess the extent of your losses and then pursue the cost of those damages.
Get a Free Consultation Today
A lawyer from our team wants to help with your motorcycle accident case. To start your free, no-obligation case review, call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC at (828) 286-3866. You may have a limited time to act, so we encourage you to make the call. We have multiple offices in various locations throughout North and South Carolina, including in Rutherfordton, North Carolina.