Dogs are known for being great companions, and many of us love our dogs like family. But these animals can pose a threat and injure others. Dogs can have aggressive tendencies, and they may bite or attack if they feel scared or threatened. While some breeds are considered more aggressive than others, any dog can bite an adult, a child, or another pet.
If you suffered harm because of an aggressive dog, a Rutherfordton dog bite lawyer can pursue compensation for your hardships. We’re ready to advocate for you today.
In This Article
- We Help Dog Bite Victims in Rutherfordton, NC
- Seeking Compensation After Your Rutherfordton Dog Bite
- You Have Limited Time To File Your Dog Bite Injury Lawsuit
- What Should I Do After Being Bitten by a Dog in Rutherfordton?
- We Advocate for People Suffering from These Conditions
- Let Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Handle Your Dog Bite Case
We Help Dog Bite Victims in Rutherfordton, NC
If you’ve been bitten or attacked by a dog in Rutherfordton, you can explore your legal options with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC. We know that it can be hard to pursue a dog bite claim against a family member, friend, or neighbor. Yet, you shouldn’t have to pay for losses stemming from negligence.
We can help you seek justice by:
- Determining how North Carolina dog bite laws apply to your case
- Gathering evidence of the dog’s history of aggression
- Proving that the dog’s owner acted negligently, and that this negligence led to the dog bite that caused your injuries
- Calculating your economic and non-economic damages
- Managing your insurance claim and negotiating a settlement
- Filing your personal injury lawsuit
- Representing you in court, if necessary
Don’t let the cost of a dog bite lawyer deter you from working with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC. Our attorneys work on contingency fees, meaning there are no upfront costs to get our help. You only pay our attorney fees out of your settlement proceeds if we win your case.
For a legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
Seeking Compensation After Your Rutherfordton Dog Bite
Dog owners can be held liable for the pain and suffering caused by a dog bite or similar vicious attack. We may file a claim with their homeowners’ insurance company, which provides liability coverage for pet-related injuries, to recover compensation.
Even if your incident was the dog’s first time biting anyone, you may still be eligible for compensation. If the dog owner doesn’t have insurance coverage for pet-related injuries, you may have other options to recover damages. Your attorney can help you understand your legal options regardless of the unique circumstances surrounding your case.
Damages from Dog Bites and Attacks
You can seek financial compensation for economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical costs, including emergency care, rehabilitation, medication, and cosmetic surgery
- Lost income and earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent injury, scarring, and/or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Veterinary bills (if your own dog was injured in the attack)
- Wrongful death-related damages, such as funeral expenses
Rutherfordton Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
You Have Limited Time To File Your Dog Bite Injury Lawsuit
According to G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you lost a loved one due to a dog bite, you also have two years to file your lawsuit, per G.S. § 1-53.
A Rutherfordton dog bite lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can review the facts of your case and determine how long you have to file a suit. We encourage you to act now and start your free consultation.
What Should I Do After Being Bitten by a Dog in Rutherfordton?
After suffering harm because of an aggressive animal, we suggest that you:
Seek Medical Attention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that you should seek medical attention after getting bitten by a dog. Without medical care, you risk having your condition worsen––or getting an infection.
Keep Track of Your Losses
You want to recover compensation for each of your losses. By keeping track of your lost time from work, healthcare expenses, and pain and suffering, you can recover everything you’re owed.
Take Pictures of Your Injuries
When fighting for compensation, you want to assert the severity of your condition to the insurance company. By taking photos of your injuries throughout your recovery period, you can accomplish this goal.
Refer the Insurance Company to Your Legal Team
The insurance company hopes that you’ll settle for as little money as possible. We, on the other hand, want to secure everything you deserve. If the insurance company contacts you or offers a settlement, refer its representative to your lawyer. We can manage everything the claims process requires to reach a fair resolution.
Consult with Our Legal Team
You don’t have to navigate the legal process on your own. You can seek compensation with the help of our dog bite injury lawyers serving Rutherfordton. We will do everything in our power to recover compensation for your losses.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
We Advocate for People Suffering from These Conditions
Dog bites can leave lasting damage, both physically and psychologically. When people come to us with their dog bite injury cases, they generally suffer from:
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Torn arteries, muscles, and other tissue
- Broken bones
- Blood loss
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Infections like tetanus and bacterial infections
- Impact wounds like bruising, traumatic brain injuries, and neck and back injuries
- Emotional and psychological trauma, especially in children
You shouldn’t have to pay for losses another party caused. If you need medical care, we will secure damages that account for everything you need to reach maximum medical improvement.
Let Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Handle Your Dog Bite Case
The attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC understand that managing insurance claims, negotiating settlements, and navigating the law can be time-consuming and stressful. That’s why we work hard to guide you through every step and provide the compassionate care you and your family deserve.
Let us help you hold a negligent dog owner responsible for your dog bite injuries. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form