All Rutherfordton, North Carolina, drivers must change lanes only when it is clear to do so. However, improper lane change wrecks commonly happen on the roadways. If a driver made an unsafe lane maneuver, causing a crash that injured you or a loved one, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
A Rutherfordton improper lane change accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can help you with the claims process. We work with you toward a fair settlement to cover your damages, such as medical expenses and lost income. Our lawyers also have insight into the tactics insurance companies use in negotiations and will fight for the best possible results we can achieve for you.
In This Article
- Improper Lane Changes Can Cause Serious Vehicle Accidents
- Driver Behavior Is the Leading Cause of Improper Lane Change Accidents
- Injuries Can Be Severe or Fatal in Some Cases
- Types of Compensation That May Be Available in Your Case
- You May Benefit from Working with Our Personal Injury Lawyers on Your Case
- North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations for Injury Accidents Applies
- Get Support and Representation from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
Improper Lane Changes Can Cause Serious Vehicle Accidents
Several factors contribute to car wrecks involving unsafe lane changes, such as human error, environmental factors, and poor road design in some cases. Accidents that an improper lane change caused may result in dangerous crashes. In many cases, victims suffer lifelong injuries that require them to change the way they live forever.
Improper lane change crashes can lead to severe injuries, especially in crashes that occur on freeways, highways, interstates, and any other area where traffic operates at high speeds. Therefore, in Rutherfordton, all drivers need to ensure caution when changing lanes on U.S. Route 221, U.S. Route 64, and North Carolina Highway 108.
If you have been hurt in a crash caused by another driver’s negligence when changing lanes, the legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, may be able to help. Our improper lane change attorneys in Rutherfordton can explain your legal options and inform you on whether you have grounds to seek compensation.
For a legal consultation with a improper lane change accidents lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
Driver Behavior Is the Leading Cause of Improper Lane Change Accidents
Human error is the primary contributing factor in improper lane change wrecks, accounting for at least 3,381 fatalities in 2019, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III). Some of the leading causes of negligent behavior involved in these crashes are:
- Aggressive driving
- Impatient driving
- Failure to check blind spots
- Distracted driving
- Inexperience behind the wheel
This type of reckless driving increases the risk of collisions, especially when drivers:
- Change lanes into bends or dips with inadequate visibility
- Fail to signal to other drivers before maneuvering
- Straddle lanes for an extended time
- Change more than one lane at a time
- Do not check for clearance ahead or to the side while switching lanes
- Change lanes in or too close to an intersection
- Fail to check their blind spots
While driver error is the main factor associated with unsafe vehicle maneuvers, road conditions, traffic, and bad weather can make changing lanes challenging. In most cases, drivers can avoid improper lane change accidents by taking the correct safety precautions.
Rutherfordton Improper Lane Change Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Injuries Can Be Severe or Fatal in Some Cases
Lane-changing accidents can cause head-on, sideswipe, and rear-end collisions, which can lead to severe injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushed organs
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of limbs
In just a moment, the lives of victims can change. The wreck may leave victims in considerable pain or unable to work. They might also have to face significant unplanned expenses for the injuries and losses caused by another driver’s negligence. Additionally, depending on the specific injuries, an improper lane change accident victim may require expensive medical treatment and assistive care long into the future.
Types of Compensation That May Be Available in Your Case
People that another driver’s negligence injured may be able to receive compensation for all their damages and other losses that result from the crash. Our improper lane change accident lawyers may be able to help you pursue damages to help cover expenses, such as:
- Current and ongoing medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses for a wrongful death
We can help you determine if you can pursue compensation for your injuries and other wreck-related expenses. Our legal team can discuss the details of your case to determine if you qualify to bring a claim, what damages you may be eligible to request, and what you need to do to prove the amount of compensation in your demand letter.
Additionally, we can prepare your demand letter to the negligent driver’s insurance company and negotiate with it to recover all damages that apply to your improper lane change accident claim.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
You May Benefit from Working with Our Personal Injury Lawyers on Your Case
In most cases of a crash involving improper lane change in Rutherfordton and throughout North Carolina, negotiation talks with the at-fault driver’s insurance company take place before settling the claim. However, you can take your case to trial if you cannot reach an agreement with the insurer.
In fact, insurance companies often use defensive legal tactics to pay out as little as possible for your claim. When we represent you, we help you navigate the personal injury claims process and build a highly detailed and robust case by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Requesting and collecting the necessary evidence to support your claim and your compensation request amount
- Performing a detailed calculation to determine your claim’s value
- Consulting with medical experts, accident reconstructionists, and other professionals who can offer expert testimony
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies and their lawyers
- Reviewing all settlement offers and issuing counteroffers when necessary
- Building your case as it if will go to trial and representing you in court when necessary
North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations for Injury Accidents Applies
If you are considering filing a lawsuit, you should be aware of North Carolina’s statute of limitations as outlined in G.S. §1-52. This statute places a time limit on your right to begin legal proceedings, which currently stands at three years from the date of the crash.
It is essential to work quickly after a wreck to ensure you do not miss the statute of limitations. If you have questions about how the law applies to your situation, the improper lane change accident lawyers at Farmer & Morris, PLLC, can offer information to ensure you preserve your right to compensation by meeting the statute of limitations for your case.
Get Support and Representation from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
If you or a loved one is recovering from a wreck that another motorist caused after making an improper lane change, we can help you build your claim, negotiate with the insurance company, and ensure you are treated fairly. We offer our legal services and support every step of the way to resolving your injury case, and we fight for you to receive compensation for your injuries and losses.
Call for a free consultation at (828) 286-3866 to discuss your legal options today.