Motorcycle accidents can lead to substantial financial losses and serious bodily injuries. From pain and suffering to lost income and medical treatment expenses, a single motorcycle mishap can have long-term consequences on your physical, mental, social, and financial well-being.
We are here to help. Our team of empathetic and understanding attorneys can gather evidence and quantify your damages so that you can file a claim or lawsuit for damages from the liable party.
In This Article
Damages for Motorcycle Accidents
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Newton, you could file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the driver or other responsible entity. Based on the injuries and other effects you suffered, you could seek the following types of damages.
These are damages that are easily quantifiable using documents such as receipts and invoices. Our team can help you identify and add up these expenses and losses, including those you are likely to face in the future. Examples include:
- Lost income, shown by income statements or salary slips
- Medical treatment expenses, shown by hospital bills
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs, shown by repair shop invoices
Some damages do not have an obvious financial value. Our team can help you assign a value to these as well to account for all the suffering the collision has caused you.
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify because they are not concrete. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
The testimony of medical and economic experts can help us estimate your non-economic damages. Our team will also utilize certain industry calculations to arrive at a fair case value.
If you are seeking justice and compensation for the loss of a loved one, your case may warrant different damages. We could help you seek financial recovery for:
- Burial, funeral, and cremation costs
- Loss of companionship/consortium of a loved one
- Loss of household income
Understanding the damages you can seek from the liable party is just one step. Our firm wants to help you through each phase of the personal injury or wrongful death process.
For a legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Newton, call 828.286.3866
How Our Team Can Help with Your Motorcycle Collision Case
Our team can help you complete all of the steps necessary for pursuing compensation after a motorcycle accident. These are as follows:
- Gathering evidence of another driver or entity’s liability for the collision
- Quantifying your damages
- Constructing a solid case to support your right to financial recovery
- Submitting a demand letter asking for compensation for your losses
- Negotiating with the insurer for a fair settlement that covers all of your accident-related losses
- Filing all the required documentation for a lawsuit within the necessary time limits
- Representing you at trial if an out-of-court settlement is not possible
You do not have to go up against the liable party’s insurers or representatives on your own. Our goal is to relieve some of the stress of the claims and litigation processes. As your representatives, we will take care of everything for you.
Newton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Client Reviews and Testimonials
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with accurate legal guidance and the compassion, empathy, and understanding that accident victims deserve. The Google reviews below help illustrate our dedication to our clients and the persistence we bring to each client’s case.
- “I honestly can’t thank Mark & his team enough for all the hard work and time that they have poured in to help us.” – Jay Hopper
- “If you EVER need an attorney to represent you, call Farmer & Morris, they are courteous, prompt, and go out of their way to make sure you get the results you deserve!! If I could rate them ten stars, I would!!” – Kim Dixon
Retaining Our Services
It can be difficult to take the legal plunge after suffering an accident if you are unfamiliar with the law or unsure about how insurance, litigation, and courtroom proceedings are handled. However, rest assured that we are here to guide you through this difficult time.
Our firm offers free consultations and case evaluations, and we handle cases on a contingency-fee basis. This fee arrangement means we do not collect unless we win your case, so you do not have to pay up front to hire one of our attorneys.
We collect a predetermined percentage of the settlement or award we recover for you. As a result, our team will strive to secure compensation that addresses your losses and injuries appropriately.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Factors That Can Impact Your Financial Recovery
Several factors affect the settlement you may recover in North Carolina. For example, you can only collect damages for an accident in Newton if you are not at all responsible. If you are even 1% responsible for it, you cannot collect compensation.
The amount you can claim from an insurer in Newton also depends on the at-fault party’s policy limits. The process for filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company is as follows:
- Submit a demand letter asking for compensation for your losses.
- Submit evidence of losses with the demand letter.
- Attach proof of fault, such as the police report, to the demand letter.
- File all the required documentation within the time limits the insurer outlines.
- Begin settlement negotiations.
If your damages exceed the liable party’s coverage limits or the insurer denies or undervalues your claim, our team can take your case to court.
There are Time Limits for Filing a Lawsuit in North Carolina
Per G.S. § 1-52, you only have three years to initiate a lawsuit after suffering injuries in a Newton motorcycle accident. If you are filing for the death of a loved one, G.S. § 1-53 outlines a two-year filing window.
If you do not file by the appropriate deadline, you lose your right to seek compensation in court. Allowing this deadline to pass can also jeopardize your settlement negotiations with the insurance company. As soon as you hire our team, we can identify how long you have left to sue and take steps accordingly.
Contact Us Today
Gathering evidence, submitting claims, and understanding personal injury and insurance law can be difficult for the average person.
Our team wants to take care of your claim or lawsuit for damages in Newton. Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today at (828) 286-3866. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.