Some reports show that crashes involving pedestrians have gone down in North Carolina, yet pedestrian accidents still happen all too often in the Tar Heel State. A pedestrian accident can happen anywhere, anytime.
If you or a loved one were injured in a pedestrian accident around the Morganton area, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages. A Morganton pedestrian accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris, PLLC, can help.
In This Article
- Recover Compensation For Your Morganton Pedestrian Accident
- We Can Help You Seek Justice and Compensation For Your Pedestrian Accident
- Types Of Pedestrian Accidents We Handle
- Pedestrian Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries Or Death
- North Carolina Statute of Limitations For Pedestrian Accidents
- Get Help From Farmer & Morris, PLLC, Today
Recover Compensation For Your Morganton Pedestrian Accident
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for damages you’ve suffered from the incident. You can recover financial damages that have drained your savings, overused your health insurance coverage, and prevented you from earning money to support yourself and your family.
Here are some of the financial damages you can recover after a pedestrian accident:
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits during recovery
- Reduced earning potential due to disability
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses (if you lost your loved one in a pedestrian accident)
- Lost household income (if you lost your loved one)
You may have also suffered non-economic damages that don’t have a clear monetary value. Injuries can make many aspects of your life inconvenient, if not more challenging, and you may be in a lot of pain for many weeks, months, or years. Here are some of the non-economic damages you may be able to pursue:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of mobility
- Reduced quality of life
- Stress and trauma
- Loss of spousal or parental support (if you lost your loved one)
How Do I Recover Compensation?
You can file insurance claims with the at-fault party’s insurance company. For instance, you may file a claim through a driver’s auto insurance policy if a car hit you, or you may file a claim through a liability insurance policy if you’re injured while passing a vehicle or a construction site. When you file a claim, you can negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company and never have to go to court to get your money.
However, if you’re not able to get a settlement offer that suits your needs, you can file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party. This suit requires you to file legal paperwork, prove liability, and demonstrate why you deserve the amount of money you’re asking. Finally, after all that work, you must win over a jury or judge to award you the compensation you need.
A Morganton pedestrian accident attorney from our firm can help you determine which legal approach can get you the best possible settlement in the most convenient timeframe for you and your family.
How Much Compensation Is My Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
No two pedestrian accident cases are the same, so it’s hard to give you an estimate of how much compensation you might receive. Here are some of the factors we’ll have to consider when calculating a just settlement:
- Your age at the time of the accident
- How the pedestrian accident occurred
- The number of at-fault parties
- What kind of injuries you suffered or are suffering from
- How badly your injuries have and will continue to affect you
- The amount of financial losses you’ve sustained
Our pedestrian accident lawyers serving Morganton, North Carolina, can consider these factors and more to help you determine the best possible settlement for your case.
For a legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Morganton, call 828.286.3866
After a pedestrian accident, you and your family should focus on recovering and healing, not dealing with insurance companies, filing paperwork, and arguing why you need more money for your pain and suffering. A pedestrian accident lawyer can navigate the complexities of North Carolina personal injury law to take the pressure off you and your family during this emotionally challenging time.
When you work with a pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm, you can rest easy knowing that we’re taking care of you and your family by:
- Collecting and reviewing evidence of the accident and your injuries
- Consulting experts to understand the impact of your accident better and determine liability in your case
- Filing insurance claims and handling all communications with insurance companies
- Negotiating a worthwhile settlement on your behalf
- Filing a lawsuit against the liable party for the best possible settlement
- Fighting for you and your family in court
An attorney’s knowledge and experience are critical for succeeding in a pedestrian accident case. We are ready to fight the tactics of insurance companies that would deny you the full amount of compensation you deserve. We can also exhaust all possible sources of compensation to help you and your family overcome the financial hurdles of a pedestrian accident.
Morganton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
According to data from the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), there were more than 2,000 pedestrian traffic accidents in 2020. More than 1,800 people were injured. Though Morganton saw less than five pedestrian accidents and no fatalities in 2020, the risk of pedestrian accidents occurring is still present. Here are a few ways that a pedestrian accident can occur:
- Collision or near collision with a car, truck, or motorcycle
- Collision or near collision with a bicycle
- Construction accidents
- Unsafe passages, crosswalks, and trails
Many pedestrians suffer sudden injuries due to other people’s negligence on the road, sidewalk, or trails. Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries we see include:
- Broken bones
- Muscle and tendon injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
Recovering from any pedestrian accident injury can involve paying medical bills, buying prescriptions, and taking time off work. The more serious your injuries, the more costly they can be. That’s why exploring your legal options for recovering compensation is important. However, you and your family don’t have to suffer the financial consequences alone.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
North Carolina law has a statute of limitations in place that requires victims to file lawsuits within a certain amount of time. However, the timeframe varies depending on the accident. For example, if you or a loved one was injured in a pedestrian accident, you generally have three years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit (G.S. § 1-52). But if you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you typically have only two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit (G.S. § 1-53).
A personal injury or wrongful death lawyer from our firm can help you determine how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
At Farmer & Morris, PLLC, we know how painful it is to suffer injuries or lose a loved one in a pedestrian accident. That’s why we take many cases on a contingency fee basis. You don’t owe us anything unless we recover compensation for you and your family.
We also offer free case evaluations, so you can find out what your case is worth at no cost upfront. Contact us today to schedule your free case review.