If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you could be entitled to receive compensation from the liable party. You could face high medical bills or other types of losses after a truck accident. The injuries you sustained could cause you to be out of work for some time.
A Kings Mountain truck accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris, PLLC can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys can review your case and guide you every step of the way while you focus on healing.
In This Article
- Can You Secure Compensation for a Truck Accident in Kings Mountain?
- Damages You Can Recover After a Kings Mountain Truck Accident
- How Can a Kings Mountain Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
- Negligence Can Cause Truck Accidents in Kings Mountain
- Liable Parties in a Kings Mountain Truck Accident
- Actions to Take After Getting in a Truck Accident
- North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
- We Are Ready to Advocate for You
Can You Secure Compensation for a Truck Accident in Kings Mountain?
Our team understands that a truck wreck in Kings Mountain, NC, can be costly. You may face mounting medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering due to another party’s negligence. You are eligible for compensation for your injuries and losses. Your attorney must establish the following:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault party violated that duty of care
- The at-fault party’s actions led to your accident
- The accident caused your injuries and financial losses
If a negligent truck driver caused your injury-related accident in Kings Mountain, our truck accident lawyer can hold them accountable via an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. We can assess the causes of your collision and the strength of your claim during your complimentary consultation.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Kings Mountain, call 828.286.3866
Damages You Can Recover After a Kings Mountain Truck Accident
Recoverable damages are the amount of money a court requires someone to pay for injuring someone. These damages can be separated into two categories, economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include monetary losses you have had to pay for because of your injuries. Non-economic damages may include pain, suffering, or any type of emotional anguish.
Some examples of damages you could recover after a truck accident include:
- Medical costs: Any medical visits could be recovered during a truck accident lawsuit. This also includes any occupational or physical therapy, emergency room visits, or ongoing care.
- Lost wages: If you have to be out of work because of the injuries you sustained during the wreck, you could be compensated for the income you lost.
- Reduced or lost earning capacity: You may not be able to return to work in the same capacity because of injuries you sustained. Our attorneys can assist you with calculating how much you should be compensated in future earnings.
- Pain and suffering: This non-economic loss covers the physical pain and turmoil you went through while recovering from the car accident.
- Emotional damages: It is common after accidents that people who were involved will suffer from anxiety, depression, PTSD, or other negative emotions. These conditions can be calculated as a loss that you could recover in your claim.
A Kings Mountain truck accident attorney from our firm will include all your damages in your claim for compensation.
Kings Mountain Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
How Can a Kings Mountain Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
An attorney from our firm can help you determine what evidence is necessary for your case. Our lawyers will manage your case by doing the following:
Inspecting the Accident
Our team focuses on finding out exactly what happened during your truck wreck. We conduct a thorough investigation by:
- Speaking with eyewitnesses
- Obtaining a copy of your police report
- Working with accident reconstruction experts
- Looking for surveillance footage of the accident scene
We begin the investigation process as soon as you contact us, allowing us to collect evidence before it disappears.
Representing Your Interests
Insurance agents and other drivers may approach you after a Kings Mountain truck accident. Our team steps in to handle all communications with insurance companies on your behalf, allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
Reviewing Your Losses
Insurers often try to get drivers to accept an immediate settlement after a truck wreck. However, these offers may not cover all your losses. We calculate all your damages, so it doesn’t come out of your pocket if you need future medical treatment. It’s always a good idea to review any offers with your attorney before accepting them.
Going Over Your Options
You have choices when resolving a Kings Mountain truck accident claim. Many people settle with insurance companies out of court. However, sometimes insurance agents refuse to treat you fairly after an accident.
If this happens, your lawyer may recommend taking your Kings Mountain claim to court. We understand the strategies that work to successfully resolve truck accident claims and secure the compensation you need to move forward.
Negligence Can Cause Truck Accidents in Kings Mountain
Commercial trucks are large compared to regular consumer vehicles. Because of this, truck accidents can be disastrous. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) puts strict regulations in place to lower the number of truck accidents. A few of the main causes of truck accidents include:
- Fatigue: Federal regulations require truck drivers to keep detailed logs of their activity to make sure they are getting enough rest time. Most commercial drivers get paid by the load. Therefore, the faster they can deliver, the more money they make. Many drivers will push themselves to the limit and drive while they are too fatigued, which has the potential to cause severe damage to any other vehicles on the road with them.
- Overloaded trucks: Trucking regulations monitor how much weight a truck can carry. If the trucker disregards this rule, accidents can happen.
- Defective truck: It is crucial that trucking companies keep up with the maintenance of their trucks. If the tires or brakes of the truck are defective, it could result in an accident.
- Driver error: The driver could be distracted because of texting or using the radio. A truck accident could occur due to driver error, including speeding, aggressive driving, driver inexperience, or impaired driving.
- Severe weather: Inclement weather can make it more difficult for drivers to control their vehicles. Rain, snow, ice, wind, and fog can lower driver visibility and cause catastrophic collisions.
A Kings Mountain truck accident lawyer can assess what caused your accident and hold the liable party or parties legally accountable.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Liable Parties in a Kings Mountain Truck Accident
In most truck accident cases, it is usually clear who is at fault. The truck driver could be responsible for the accident, but their trucking company could be liable too. It depends on the circumstances of the case to determine who is at fault.
If the truck driver is impaired or not following the traffic rules of the road, they will likely be responsible. If the crash resulted because of defective parts, the trucking company could be held liable.
A Kings Mountain truck accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris, PLLC will help you recognize the liable party in your accident.
Actions to Take After Getting in a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, you may feel overwhelmed and scared. It is important to try staying calm during this time and remember the following steps:
- Make sure everyone involved in the accident is okay, and the vehicles are pulled into a safe area if possible.
- Seek medical attention if needed.
- Call the police and file a report.
- Take any pictures of the damage that could be used as evidence. If the truck has noticeable brake or tire damage, make sure to get photos of that.
- Exchange information with all parties involved in the crash.
- Document details you remember from the scene.
North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
If you were injured in a truck accident, you have three years to file a lawsuit, according to G.S. §1-52. The three years begin from the day of the crash. If the deadline passes, you will no longer be able to receive compensation. As our client, we can ensure you do not miss any deadlines pertinent to your case.
We Are Ready to Advocate for You
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we will dedicate the proper amount of time to your truck accident case in Kings Mountain. We want you to feel comfortable every step of the way. Many of our past clients are very happy with our representation and the care we put towards their cases.
Call us today for a free consultation. We are more than happy to answer any of your questions. Start working with a Kings Mountain truck accident lawyer today.