When driving your vehicle on I-85 or the local streets of Kings Mountain, North Carolina, you expect to do so safely. However, it only takes one error from a reckless driver sharing the roads with you to cause a catastrophic crash. Such a collision can leave you injured or cause you to lose a loved one.
After suffering injuries or losses because of another driver’s negligence, you should not have to pay the resulting bills, as well. When you hire Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to represent you in a collision case, a Kings Mountain car accident lawyer will fight for your financial recovery from the at-fault driver. We review cases for free.
In This Article
In This Article:
- What you could recover in a Kings Mountain car accident claim
- Settlement calculations can include non-economic damages
- How our North Carolina car accident lawyers can help your case
- Proving the other driver’s fault and liability
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Keeping your case moving forward
- Representing you in a trial
- Praise from previous clients we’ve represented
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for our representation
For a legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Kings Mountain, call 828.286.3866
What You Could Recover in a Kings Mountain Car Accident Claim
For a successful personal injury claim after a car accident, you need evidence to show that the other driver made an error, leading to the collision. You must also prove that you have experienced financial loss related to the crash, such as any medical bills for your treatment.
We help our clients in the Kings Mountain area by working as hard as possible to secure compensation that addresses their expenses and losses. The first step is identifying these damages. For example, depending on the specifics of your case, you could recover compensation for:
- Emergency medical care and transportation to the hospital
- X-rays and other tests to identify injuries
- The hospital stay
- Surgeries and other treatments
- Pain medications and assistive devices, such as a wheelchair
- Income you missed while out of work
- Reduced future income if the injuries affect your career
- Repairs for your vehicle, or its replacement value
Our team collects evidence of these costs and losses for your case file. Then, we can begin calculating the value of your claim.
Settlement Calculations Can Include Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages refer to losses that do not have a monetary value on their own. Instead, we use one of several industry methods for assigning value to them for our clients. Examples of recoverable non-economic damages as outlined in G.S. § 90-21.19 include:
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and disability
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Emotional distress
Since the severity and long-term effects of a car accident can vary for each victim, case value will also vary. For example, someone with a permanent disability will likely have different damages than someone who recovers within a couple of weeks and returns to a normal life. Our team makes sure to account for these differences before we begin negotiations with the insurance company.
Kings Mountain Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
How our North Carolina Car Accident Lawyers Can Help Your Case
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we aim to minimize your stress after an accident by taking over your legal case. With our firm’s representation, you should feel free to focus your attention on recovering and tending to your family. Our services include:
Proving the Other Driver’s Fault and Liability
To win a personal injury settlement after a car accident, you must show that the other driver made an error that led to the crash. This establishes negligence on the part of the other driver.
For example, per the North Carolina Judicial Branch, if the other driver received a traffic ticket from police after the accident, this is a sign of negligence. Therefore, the issuance of a ticket can support your personal injury case.
Still, even if the police did not issue a traffic ticket, our car accident attorneys in Kings Mountain have other techniques we can use to show negligence. For example, we will interview witnesses who may have seen what the other driver was doing before the crash. Based on the evidence available, our team will work to uncover facts in your favor.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company
After a car accident, the insurance company representing the other driver may contact you with multiple questions. However, it may not be in your best interest to speak with the insurer just yet, if at all. Doing so could allow the insurer to take your words out of context and use them to deny or devalue your claim.
For example, the insurer may use your answers to suggest that you made a mistake that led to the crash, meaning you will lose your right to some or all of the settlement.
When you choose to hire us to represent your interests, we will take over all conversations and negotiations with the insurance company. You do not have to answer questions without our presence, and we can minimize any potential risks. Our team will make sure the insurer sticks to the facts in the case, rather than trying to trick you into making a misstatement.
Keeping Your Case Moving Forward
We understand that you want your payment as soon as possible, and we will work to help make this happen. Our attorneys will also make sure your case stays within the North Carolina statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit, which is three years, according to G.S. § 1-52.
Representing You in a Trial
If the insurance company refuses to negotiate fairly or going to court seems to be the best option for your case, we will prepare for trial. This means that both our team and the insurance company will present the facts in the case as we see them, and we will let a jury decide what compensation to award, if any.
Understand that even if we recommend going to trial or accepting a settlement offer, the final decision on how we proceed always rests with you. Our team will lay out all of the potential scenarios so that you can make the decision that will best fit your needs.
Praise From Previous Clients we’ve Represented
We strive to give all of our clients at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, the support, guidance, and compassionate representation they deserve. In return, they leave reviews like these:
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimately settlement. We could never thank them for all their prayers and hard work.” – Tammy Cotton
- “Every question and/or email was always answered in a timely and efficient manner. I would recommend Ms. Valentine and her office to anyone seeking legal assistance. Her fees are nominal, and she follows through with what she promises. If I am in need of legal assistance in the future, Ms. Valentine and her office, would be my first contact.” – Joann Torres
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
There is no Out-of-Pocket Cost for Our Representation
If our attorneys do not win a car accident settlement for you, you will not owe us anything. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means our fee comes from a percentage of the final settlement in the case.
Contact our team today at (828) 286-3866 for a free consultation and learn more about how our firm can serve you.