If you sustained injuries in a vehicle collision involving a truck driver, you may be eligible to pursue compensation from them, the trucking company they work for, or another party liable for the accident.
Our legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, helps truck accident victims in Hickory and other areas in North Carolina fight for the compensation they need to begin their recovery. If you are searching for a personal injury lawyer, our firm offers free initial consultations to review your case, explain your legal options, and discuss fee agreements.
We Can Review Your Damages to See how Much Compensation You Should Pursue
Getting into an accident with a truck can easily cause bodily injuries (including death) and vehicle damage, but there are other consequences of being a truck accident victim.
You may be burdened with several damages after your accident, from having to pay for medical treatment to fronting other costs for your injuries or lack of transportation. These do not even include the physical and emotional pain you suffered. Our team can help you list your damages and calculate a monetary figure to pursue when taking action against the liable party.
You may be able to receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: These expenses may involve surgeries, hospitalization and overnight stays, prescription medicines, doctor’s appointments, emergency room treatment, ambulance rides, diagnostic tests, and other medical services.
- Property damage: If you need to pay for your vehicle or other property repairs, we can pursue compensation to recover these expenses. Alternatively, if your property was damaged beyond repair, we can demand compensation relative to the cash value of your property.
- Pain and suffering: If you endured intense physical pain because of your injuries or emotional anguish due to the lifestyle changes it put you through, we can assign a financial value to this suffering that fairly compensates you.
- Income loss: If you had to take time off work, leave work, or take a lower-paying position because of your injuries, we can calculate the difference in or loss of salary, including future income loss you might experience because of these changes.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement: If your truck accident injuries caused permanent damage to your appearance or bodily functions, we can demand compensation for the overall lifestyle changes you will have to undergo.
There may be other compensable damages in your case, which we can inform you of after reviewing your case.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Hickory, call 828.286.3866
You get the Full-Service Treatment When You Work with a Lawyer From our Firm
When you work with a truck accident lawyer from our team serving Hickory, you get the benefits of having a lawyer represent you and the team effort of our staff in building your case.
Many steps go into preparing a personal injury case about a truck accident. When you become our client, we can help you:
- Identify the liable party or parties in your case
- Fill out legal paperwork accurately and completely
- Investigate your truck accident to retrieve additional information and evidence, including witness testimony
- Consult expert witnesses, who may provide statements for your case
- Handle communications with interested parties, such as insurance representatives
- Negotiate a settlement for your case to avoid having to go to court
- Present your case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Provide legal advice throughout the litigation
Hickory Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
You do not Have to Worry About Attorney’s Fees
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our team of attorneys work on a contingency-fee-basis. This means:
- We only collect our fees if we win your case, so there are no upfront fees.
- You won’t get surprise fees that you have to pay out of pocket.
- Our attorney’s fees get paid out of a percentage of your compensation award, not at an hourly rate.
We can discuss our fee agreement beforehand so that you understand how the process works.
There May Be More than One Liable Party Involved in Your Truck Accident Case
In some truck accident cases, there may be other parties who are liable for the accident besides the truck driver. These parties include:
- The trucking company: If the truck driver was an employee of a trucking company, the company may have vicarious liability for their actions.
- The truck’s maintenance company: If a vehicle malfunction in the truck caused the accident and we can trace it back to poor maintenance, you may be able to take action against the mechanic or maintenance company that last worked on the truck.
- The truck’s manufacturer or a parts manufacturer: If a vehicle malfunction can be traced back to a faulty part or design, you may be able to take action against the liable manufacturer.
- A government entity: If the truck accident occurred because of poor road conditions or a project development on the road, you may be able to hold the ruling municipality liable for their negligence.
- A third party: In some cases, multiple parties may be involved in an accident. If another passenger vehicle, pedestrian, bicyclist, or road user caused the truck driver to get into an accident with you, they may be held liable for negligence.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
You Need to Keep Track of Your Case’s Filing Deadline
Suppose you intend to file your truck accident lawsuit through the court system in North Carolina. In that case, you must abide by the state’s statute of limitations for your case’s appropriate legal category. For example:
- GS §1-52 mandates that you have three years from the date of the truck accident to file your case.
- If you are filing on behalf of your late loved one, GS §1-53 mandates that you have two years from their death to file.
Our team can notify you when your lawsuit’s deadline is approaching. However, we advise taking action as soon as possible in case other factors may have time restrictions, such as collecting evidence.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to Start Working with a Truck Accident Lawyer
If you live in Hickory, North Carolina, and are searching for legal representation in your case, allow the legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury team can manage your case from start to finish. In fact, we can begin by reviewing your case for free when you call. Speak with a team representative today.