When motorcyclists get into vehicle collisions, they are more likely to suffer bodily injuries and death than drivers inside standard or larger vehicles. Our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, advocates for motorcycle accident victims in Hickory and other cities in North Carolina. We strive to help them fight for the compensation they deserve.
If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer to help you build your motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit, allow our team to represent you. We can review your case for free and explain the litigation process to you.
In This Article
We Want to Help You Fight for Compensation for Your Damages
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to damages besides the costs to repair your motorcycle. For example, the following types of damages are compensable:
- Medical treatment costs, such as bills for doctor’s appointments or emergency room care
- Income loss, such as wages you lost from having to take unpaid time off work to heal
- Pain and suffering, such as physical or emotional pain you endured as a result of your injuries
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement, such as paralysis or tissue scarring
- Diminished quality of life, which you might claim if your injuries significantly altered your relationships, independence, or physical or mental abilities
Our team can review your case to see which damages you may qualify to claim. We can also explain how we reach a compensation amount to pursue.
Losing a Loved one in a Motorcycle Accident
Unfortunately, because motorcyclists have very little to protect them during collisions, they are more susceptible to suffering injuries that threaten their lives. If your loved one passed away as a result of their injuries from the accident, you may qualify to pursue damages related to their death.
You may pursue the following types of damages in a wrongful death case:
- Funeral service costs
- Final medical expenses
- Loss of income from your loved one
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering experienced by both you and your loved one
Our team can manage your case for you during this difficult time so that you can process your loved one’s passing in private. We can also make ourselves available should you have additional questions about your case.
For a legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Hickory, call 828.286.3866
Our Legal Team Serves People in Hickory and Other Parts of North Carolina
If you decide to work with a motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm, we can provide the following services to you as our client:
- Private investigation: Our team will first review the crash report about your motorcycle accident. However, should we need more information to build your case, we may conduct a separate investigation to discover additional evidence.
- Communications: The liable party’s insurance company and legal team may reach out to you for statements. You can refer these parties to your lawyer, who can make statements on your behalf and protect you from making accidental admissions to partial negligence.
- Administrative tasks: Our team can help you fill out the paperwork necessary for building your case. We can also retrieve other records (e.g., medical records), send notices and responses, and relay updates from the court system to you.
- Legal representative: Our team can serve as your legal representative in various stages of the litigation process, from advocating for you during negotiation meetings to attending hearings on your behalf. We aim to fight for a fair settlement for your case while representing your legal interests.
We Don’t Charge Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win Your Case
We understand that one thing that often holds people back from hiring a lawyer is the cost. However, our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, works on a contingency-fee-basis, which is a more convenient fee agreement.
By having our lawyers work for a contingency fee:
- We do not charge attorney’s fees until your case concludes—and only if we win you compensation.
- Our fees are a percentage of your compensation award, so we do not charge on an hourly rate.
- We discuss our fee system during your free consultation, so there are no surprise fees to worry about.
Our lawyers have the incentive to work hard for your case because when you get paid, we get paid.
Hickory Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Act Fast Because Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit has a Filing Deadline
While some clients opt to file an insurance claim, you might decide to file a personal injury lawsuit about your motorcycle accident to pursue compensation. Some reasons to file a lawsuit include:
- The other party’s insurance policy is not enough to cover your damages.
- The other party’s insurance company does not believe they are liable for your damages.
- The other party is not cooperative during negotiations.
Should you decide to file a lawsuit concerning your accident, GS §1-52 sets a filing deadline that you must abide by. According to this statute, you generally have three years from the date of the motorcycle crash to file your case against the liable party.
However, if you are filing on behalf of a deceased loved one, you must abide by a different deadline found in GS §1-53. According to this statute, you generally have two years from your loved one’s death to file your case.
Call our Law Firm to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving Hickory, NC
If you would like to learn more about our legal services, call the team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC for a free consultation.
We can review your case for free during this consultation and explain which legal routes you can take to pursue compensation. Should you agree to work with us, a personal injury lawyer from our team can begin working on your motorcycle accident case right away.