Did you suffer severe injuries in a bicycle accident in Greer? Are you scared and worried about how your injuries are going to impact your life? Get help holding the liable party accountable.
Contact a Greer bicycle accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to find out what your next steps should be. You can schedule your free consultation and start working on your insurance and civil claims as soon as today.
In This Article
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Greer
After you have been involved in a bicycle accident, it is normal to wonder what to do next. When you have never been struck by a motor vehicle before, it can make your head spin wondering what your next steps should be.
We understand how overwhelmed and confused you must be feeling at this moment. Here are the most important steps you should take immediately after a bicycle accident in Greer:
- Call 911. You need to get emergency responders and police to the scene as soon as possible. Even accidents that may be considered seemingly minor could be far more severe than you thought. Invisible injuries can be life-threatening. Police can help document the scene and provide you with valuable evidence to support your future insurance and civil claims.
- Once you have called 911, attempt to document the scene if you are capable of doing so. You can take photos of your injuries, the accident itself, property damages, and take video of the aftermath of the accident. You might also make note of any residents or companies nearby that could have caught the bike crash on camera or video. If you notice any witnesses, reach out to them for their contact information so police and your bicycle accident attorney can get in touch with them for help later.
- When emergency responders arrive at the bicycle accident scene, obtain a medical evaluation. Even if you feel OK in the aftermath of the accident, getting a medical evaluation is imperative. You do not want to put your health and well-being at risk by leaving unknown injuries untreated.
- When the chaos subsides and you are lying in your hospital bed, reach out to a bicycle accident lawyer in Greer for help. We can come to you as soon as possible to start working on your case. The sooner you get started, the more likely it is we can gather the time-sensitive evidence we will need to prove fault in your Greer bicycle accident claim.
For a legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Greer, call 828.286.3866
The Bicycle Accident Claims Process: An Overview
You might have doubts about pursuing an insurance or civil claim. After all, you do not want to be accused by anyone of attempting to file a frivolous claim or lawsuit.
However, if you understood what to expect from the claims process, you might have more confidence in your decision to pursue your case. Here is a general overview of what you can expect once you make the decision to file a bicycle accident claim in Greer:
Once you have hired a lawyer, they will begin investigating the cause of your bicycle accident. Bicycle accidents are often caused by:
- Dangerous roads
- Inclement weather
- Negligent driving
- Defective auto parts
Your attorney will open up an in-depth investigation into your bicycle accident to reveal what caused your collision and who should be responsible for compensating you for your damages. It is not unusual for there to be multiple parties who share fault in a Greer bicycle accident claim. This increases the chances that you could be awarded fair compensation for your suffering.
The Value of Your Claim
Next, your attorney will need to determine how much your bicycle accent claim is worth. They will go over your economic damages and non-economic damages at great lengths to ensure no loss goes unaccounted.
Common bike accident damages you could recover include:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Medical bills
- Bike damages
- Other property damages
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
The Insurance Company
Once you know how much your bicycle accident claim is worth and who is responsible, the next step is to file a claim with the insurance company. In the majority of bicycle accident claims, the defendant will have purchased insurance coverage in advance.
There are many types of insurance coverage that could apply, such as general liability insurance, auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance, and more. If the defendant is represented by an insurance company, you can file a claim to recover certain kinds of losses.
However, do not be surprised if your damages exceed the insurance company’s financial obligation. The insurance company will likely attempt to reduce their financial obligation as well.
For this reason, it may be well advised to go into your insurance negotiations with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer by your side. This can help show the insurance company you mean business, so you are less likely to be taken advantage of during this trying time in your life.
The Bicycle Accident Trial
It is more common than you might think for insurance settlements to lack sufficient coverage. When this happens, you will need to bring your case to court if you hope to recover maximum compensation for your damages.
At trial, you will not be limited by the types and amounts of coverage the liable party purchased. Instead, you have the opportunity to recover all of your losses in full.
Greer Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Speak with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Greer Today
Preparing to pursue a bicycle accident lawsuit can feel overwhelming. However, when you have a team of trusted legal advocates on your side, you may feel more confident in bringing claims against the responsible parties.
Find out more about how much your claim could be worth when you contact a Greer bicycle accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC for help. Our firm is proud to offer no-cost, risk-free consultations to bicycle accident injury victims across Greer and nearby cities. Take advantage of this opportunity when you fill out our quick contact form or call our office.