If a dog bit you in Forest City, then you may deserve compensation for your losses. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC will handle your case.
You may also take action if a loved one passed away from bite-related complications. We will lead a wrongful death case under such circumstances.
In This Article
Why Choose Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to Lead Your Dog Bite Case in Forest City?
We know you have options when selecting a law firm. Our client-focused legal care is what sets us apart. When you work with us, you can expect personalized attention. Here are some ways we put our clients first:
- Our attorneys help victims in the Forest City area, which means we can provide responsive, in-person legal service.
- We are available whenever clients need to reach us, whether by phone or email.
- We pursue fair recovery for clients.
Services Our Firm Provides Forest City Dog Bite Victims
Our Forest City dog bite attorneys can handle every step in your case, including:
- Determining your losses and case value
- Identifying the liable parties
- Investigating your dog bite
- Gathering all useful evidence
- Documenting your losses
- Negotiating a settlement
- Protecting your rights
Every personal injury case requires significant time, resources, and effort. We have a team ready to lead your case, regardless of which challenges it may pose.
Contingency Fees Minimize the Cost of Hiring Our Firm
We will handle all case-related costs, ensuring that you do not pay a penny out of your own pocket. Our fee structure also helps clients like you in times of financial need. We do not receive any upfront fees. Our fee is instead contingent upon us winning your case. If we don’t win, then we don’t receive any compensation from you.
Each client we represent has the full weight of our firm behind them. We spare no expense when it comes to hiring experts, commissioning case-related exhibits, and working to win our clients’ cases. Expect the same type of backing as we lead your dog bite case in Forest City.
For a legal consultation with a dog bites lawyer serving Forest City, call 828.286.3866
What Are Recoverable Damages in a Dog Bite Case?
The target outcome for your case will be a fair financial recovery. We will determine the value of a proper settlement by evaluating your damages, which may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering, and treatment to ease your pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Any other damages that result from your dog bite
We’ll account for every loss that has occurred because of your dog bite. If other losses are likely to occur in the future, then we will include those in your case, too.
Forest City Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Dog Owners in Forest City Have a Legal Duty to Protect Others
O.C.G.A. 51-2-7 mandates dog owners to take reasonable steps to protect others from harm. This is especially true if a dog has a history of aggressive behavior.
A dog owner, or other parties in charge of a dog, must protect:
- Other dog owners in a communal setting, like a dog park.
- Children who are in their dog’s vicinity.
- Other dogs.
- Any other being that could be bitten or otherwise harmed by the dog.
Dog Owner’s Negligence
Too often, dog owners fail in this duty to protect others. In your case, a dog owner’s failure to protect you may be the cause of your injuries and related losses.
Our firm will review your case to identify any ways that a dog owner or another liable party put you in harm’s way. Such parties may be negligent if:
- They allowed the dog off-leash in an area where others were present.
- They failed to inspect a fence for flaws that allowed the dog to get free.
- They allowed themselves to be overpowered by their dog.
- They used a leash or other restraint device that proved faulty.
Anyone who takes temporary or permanent ownership of a dog must take reasonable protective measures. Whether that person is an owner, veterinarian, dogsitter, or another party, we’ll seek justice from those who’ve harmed you.
Proving Negligence in Dog Bite Cases in Forest City
Our team can help demonstrate another party’s negligence. We are familiar with the process of proving negligence, which generally means:
- Establishing the defendant’s duty of care: Many individuals in Forest City have a duty of care, and pet owners are included in this category. A duty of care means that someone must act reasonably, as failing to do so can cause harm to others.
- Showing how the defendant breached their duty of care: Once we identify the person (or people) who owed you a duty of care, we’ll highlight the ways in which they failed to honor their duty of care. Any unreasonable act, like letting an aggressive dog off-leash, may be a breach of duty of care.
- Linking the defendant’s negligent actions to your dog bite: Known as causation, we will aim to prove that the defendant is directly responsible for your dog bite.
- Showing your damages: We’ll aim to show that your dog bite has caused damages. In completing the sequence, we will show how the defendant’s negligence has harmed you.
We’re familiar with other standards of liability in Forest City. Our attorneys will apply any standard that fits your case.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Today to Discuss Your Dog Bite Case
You should not wait to contact our team. G.S. § 1-52 generally allows you three years to file a personal injury case in North Carolina. There are exceptions to this statute, but you should not delay in allowing us to start your case.
A dog bite lawyer serving Forest City can lead your case while you get better. The team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is ready and willing to assist you. Call our team today to complete your free consultation.