A left turn accident can have devastating financial, physical, and psychological consequences on victims. If another party’s negligence caused your left-turn accident, they may owe you compensation.
A Forest City left turn accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC may be able to help you pursue compensation for your damages after this type of accident. We represent clients in both insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits.
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC at (828) 286-3866 for a free case review with a member of our team. We take many car accident cases on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments required.
Why Left Turns Can Be Dangerous
Turning presents drivers with numerous challenges and dangers. Drivers must pay attention to many things at once. Other vehicles could come from multiple directions. If there is a crosswalk, the drivers must watch for pedestrians and let them cross.
A safe way to make a left turn is to ensure you are in the correct lane, use your turn signal to warn others of your intentions, yield the right of way, and take the turn at a safe, reduced speed. Unfortunately, not everyone follows this advice, either because they are in a hurry or because they just do not think about how their actions might affect others.
If another driver failed to follow traffic laws and take reasonable precautions when making a left turn, or violated your right of way and struck you while you were making a left turn, they may be liable for your damages.
A Forest City left turn accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC may be able to investigate your left turn accident and identify the liable party when we represent you. If you believe another party’s negligence caused your accident, call (828) 286-3866 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team. We may be able to help you during every step of your lawsuit and handle the legal work while you recover from your accident.
For a legal consultation with a left turn accidents lawyer serving Forest City, call 828.286.3866
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
If you were hurt in a left-turn accident, you can file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. This may allow you to recover two primary types of damages:
Car accidents can be expensive. For any money you lost because of the accident, you can seek economic damages. These may include:
- Medical expenses: if you had to go to a doctor or hospital for medical tests, prescriptions, operations, or other types of treatment.
- Lost wages: if you had to take time off of work to recover from the accident and thus lost wages.
- Lost earning capacity: if your injuries prevent you from making as much as before the accident.
- Property damage: such as the repair or replacement of your vehicle.
Accidents can also cause physical and emotional harm. For these types of injuries, you may be able to seek non-economic damages. These may include:
- Pain and suffering: if you experienced any physical or psychological symptoms related to the accident and/or your injuries.
- Reduced quality of life: if your injuries have made it difficult or impossible for you to do basic tasks or things you once enjoyed.
- Disability: if you suffer a physical loss, like limb amputation or organ removal, or a loss of use, like muscle damage that prevents you from using your arm to the fullest.
- Scarring or disfigurement: permanent scars can affect your appearance, your self-esteem, and even your ability to move or use the injured area.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a left-turn accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. A different set of damages, such as funeral and burial costs, may be available in this type of case.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC also handles wrongful death lawsuits. Call us today to learn more.
Forest City Left Turn Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Time Limits on Lawsuits in North Carolina
North Carolina General Statutes (GS) §1-52 places a general three-year statute of limitations from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in North Carolina. For wrongful death cases, that time period is even shorter. You generally have just two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per GS §1-53.
If the statute of limitations in your case expires before you take legal action, it could mean that your lawsuit gets dismissed and that you are unable to recover compensation.
Working with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC on Your Case
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we understand that car accidents can be traumatic events and that you may have mixed feelings about filing a lawsuit. Just know that we may be able to take care of every legal aspect of your case when we represent you, sparing you the stress and uncertainty of confronting the insurance company by yourself.
A Forest City left turn accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you by:
- Investigating your accident to identify the responsible party or parties
- Collecting evidence of the at-fault party’s liability and the extent of your damages
- Communicating with all parties on your behalf
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement offer
- Representing you during a trial if the insurance company denies your claim
- Keeping you updated about your case status and providing honest assessments about what options you have
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC at (828) 286-3866 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team. We offer representation on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning our clients do not pay us attorney fees unless and until they recover compensation in a court award or settlement offer.