While buses aren’t as common as cars in the small town of Forest City, North Carolina, bus accidents still happen. If you were hurt in a collision involving a bus, you have financial recovery options.
A Forest City bus accident lawyer can pursue the damages you need to account for your pain and suffering. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC offers free case reviews where you can explore your options now.
In This Article
- You Have a Limited Time To File Your Bus Accident Lawsuit
- Our Lawyers Help Forest City Bus Accident Victims
- You Can Recover Damages from Your Forest City Bus Accident
- Who is Liable for My Forest City Bus Accident?
- We Will Determine the Cause of Your Accident in Forest City
- Contact a Forest City Bus Accident Lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
You Have a Limited Time To File Your Bus Accident Lawsuit
You have a limited time to file a lawsuit after a bus accident in North Carolina. You generally have three years from the date of the accident to file, per G.S. § 1-52. But, if you’re pursuing justice for the loss of a loved one, you only have two years to file your case, per G.S. § 1-53.
These deadlines make it crucial to consider your legal options as soon as possible. You don’t want to lose the right to seek damages because you filed your case too late. Our lawyers can determine your case’s filing deadline and file it accordingly.
For a legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Forest City, call 828.286.3866
Our Lawyers Help Forest City Bus Accident Victims
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC understands personal injury and traffic law in Rutherford County. We can hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions and recover compensation for your injuries.
We’re prepared to advocate for you by:
- Proving the at-fault party’s negligence and determining liability
- Gathering evidence, like witness testimony, medical bills, and photographs of the accident
- Handling all claims and negotiations with insurance companies
- Calculating your damages with the help of experts
- Seeking a settlement that best represents your pain and suffering
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party if negotiations fail
The process of seeking compensation and filing a lawsuit can be complex and time-consuming. Yet, a bus accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can take these tasks off your plate.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Our legal team understands that you’re concerned about your finances. So, we offer our help on contingency. In this arrangement, some of your settlement pays for our help.
We don’t charge retainers or hourly fees––and you only pay for our help when your case concludes. You can learn more about this agreement when you connect with our staff.
Forest City Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
You Can Recover Damages from Your Forest City Bus Accident
If you’re injured in a bus accident, there are two types of damages you can pursue. Economic damages refer to your monetary losses, such as:
- Medical costs, including emergency care, surgeries, rehabilitation, and medications
- Projected future medical costs for ongoing treatment
- Lost wages due to recovery
- Lost earning potential due to short- or long-term disability
- Lost spousal support and funeral costs for wrongful death
Non-economic damages, which comprise your non-financial losses, include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional trauma
- Disfigurement and scarring
This is not an exhaustive list of recoverable damages in a bus accident case.
How Much Compensation Can I Get After a Bus Accident?
We cannot determine how much your settlement will be until we review the facts of your case. Some factors that can impact your settlement amount include:
- The types and severity of your injuries
- Your age at the time of the accident
- Your role in the accident, whether you were a passenger, driver, pedestrian, or another motorist
- The number of liable parties involved
- The current and projected future costs of your medical care
To calculate your damages, we may consult with subject-matter experts, such as healthcare professionals and economists. Their insight will help us determine what you’re owed.
Once we understand your damages’ value, we will work for the best possible outcome, whether in or out of court.
Who is Liable for My Forest City Bus Accident?
Our job is to prove that another party was negligent, and their negligence caused the accident that injured you. Using your case’s evidence, liability may rest with one or more of the following parties:
- The bus driver
- The owner of the bus or the bus company
- Another motorist
- A pedestrian or cyclist
- Municipal agencies that handle road maintenance
- Municipal agencies or school districts that manage bus transportation
We will pursue compensation from every party who contributed to your accident.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Accident in Forest City
Your accident’s cause determines who should pay for your losses. We will use the police report, accident reconstruction data, and traffic camera footage to determine your accident’s cause.
We may find that one or more of the following factors caused your collision:
- Reckless or careless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to yield, such as a vehicle failing to yield behind a stopped school bus
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving, including bus drivers working long shifts
- Negligent hiring practices
- Inadequate training
- Lack of maintenance, such as to the bus, another vehicle involved in the accident, or the roadway where the accident occurred
Other factors could have contributed to your collision. Still, we’re ready to pursue what you deserve.
Contact a Forest City Bus Accident Lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
You have the right to partner with a lawyer after a bus accident. The team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is ready to review your case for free and explain your options. Contact us today to begin your free consultation.