A dog bite or attack can leave you with serious and disfiguring injuries that affect your physical appearance and ability. It can also leave you frightened and struggling with ongoing fear and frustration. When you trust our Columbus dog bite lawyer with your insurance claim or potential lawsuit, we concentrate on building a strong case file that leads to the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
We will investigate the circumstances that led to the interaction with the dog, assess the immediate and long-term financial impact of your case, and prove the negligent pet owner is responsible for compensating you. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we are passionate about helping injured clients seek compensation from negligent defendants. We also help you pursue the pet owner or their insurance provider and negotiate a fair and appropriate monetary settlement.
In This Article
Dog Owners in Columbus Have a Responsibility to Safeguard the Public
North Carolina law labels potentially harmful canines in two categories — dangerous and potentially dangerous. According to G.S. § 67-4.1, a dangerous dog is one that:
- Has seriously or fatally injured a person in the past
- Has been designated as dangerous by an authoritative body
- Has been bred or used primarily for dogfighting activities
A dog is deemed potentially dangerous if it:
- Has received this designation from an authoritative agency
- Inflicted a bite severe enough to break skin or bone
- Inflicted a bite severe enough to cause disfiguring injuries
- Has seriously or fatally injured another domestic animal
- Has approached anyone in a vicious or threatening manner
The owner of a dog deemed dangerous or potentially dangerous must take every possible measure to protect people from their animal. If you were bitten by a dog with one of these designations, we can help you get financial compensation.
Tell Us How Your Injury Occurred and We Will Take Care of Everything Else
After being bitten by a known or unknown dog, you can be left with physical and psychological scars. When our law firm handles your case, we make sure you have time to get the physical and mental health care and support you need to foster an optimal recovery.
We will handle all the detail of building your case, including:
- Communicating with the dog’s owner and their insurer
- Obtaining and reviewing all relevant medical records
- Assigning a fair and accurate financial value to your case
- Compiling evidence, including witness statements
We use the evidence we collect from you to drive the settlement negotiation process. If a fair offer is not made, we will take your case to court to keep fighting for the compensation you are entitled to receive.
For a legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Columbus, call 828.286.3866
Types of Compensation Our Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Will Pursue for You
The injuries you sustain from a dog bite or attack can be extensive, which can lead to extensive and ongoing medical bills and lost wages. Our law firm is passionate about helping dog bite victims get the compensation they need to start putting their lives back together.
That can mean medical bills to restore your health and medical bills to treat and correct disfiguring injuries. The compensation we help you recover includes the range of medical, surgical, and other treatments you need to achieve maximum medical improvement and restore your physical appearance.
In addition, we recover compensation for your lost wages and physical and emotional pain and suffering throughout your recovery.
We Get to Work on Your Dog Bite Lawsuit Right Away
In North Carolina, you generally have three years from the date of the dog bite to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to G.S. § 1-52. In addition, if a dog bite or attack was fatal for someone you love, your family generally has two years from the date of your loved one’s demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to G.S. § 1-53.
Dog bite cases are complicated, and those involving minors are even more so. In addition, the age of the dog bite victim and many other factors can alter the statute of limitations, which can make compliance difficult.
The best way to be sure you do not run out of time to compel the at-fault dog owner to compensate you is to let our dog bite lawyer handle your case.
We Never Stop Fighting for Injured Clients Just Like You
When they share online reviews about our legal service and support, clients we have represented in the past say the following:
- Lauren Smith Stephenson: If you want an attorney who is grounded in great morals, work ethic, and the most knowledge of the law, call Mark Morris. I truly feel like he invests in his clients’ cases and am so thankful that he helped not just me, but my family navigate a difficult situation.
- Janeth Bolanos: After a year of wasting time with another lawyer; Mark Morris took on my mother’s dog bite case and reached a settlement beyond what we had ever expected…We were totally satisfied with his service, would definitely recommend him to anyone, and will be using him in the future.
You can find additional reviews from satisfied clients on our client testimonials page and learn more about what it means to work with a law firm focused on you.
Columbus Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Discuss Your Claim with a Dog Bite Attorney Serving Columbus Today
If you or someone you love was injured by a dog bite or attack in Columbus, our dog bite lawyer will help you build a strong case for financial compensation. We fight hard to ensure the negligent dog owner is held responsible for your injuries and the financial expenses and losses that stem from them.
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to explore your compensation options today.