If you were hurt at work or were diagnosed with an illness or disease related to your work duties, our team can help you apply for North Carolina workers’ compensation benefits. We will explain the benefits you may be entitled to, which can include medical care and financial compensation for the time you cannot work. We will also help you calculate the monetary value of your case.
Our Cleveland County workers’ compensation lawyer understands how difficult applying for these benefits can be in North Carolina. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help make the application process easier and file appeals if our client’s initial application for benefits was denied. We want to help you prove your eligibility for benefits and collect the financial support you need to care for yourself and your family.
- How your workers’ compensation case can benefit from our support
- We help you navigate North Carolina workers’ compensation laws
- Our firm makes every one of our clients a priority
- Understanding your eligibility for benefits
- Applying for workers’ compensation in Cleveland County
- Types of workers’ compensation benefits and compensation
- Call one of our team members for immediate assistance
In This Article
How Your Workers’ Compensation Case Can Benefit From Our Support
Applying for workers’ compensation benefits in Cleveland County can be a demanding process. It involves multiple steps and can add to the physical and emotional strain of your recovery if you attempt to handle it on your own. When you hire a lawyer from our firm to work on your case, we do the following on your behalf:
- Handle all communications and paperwork
- Clarify the benefits system
- Prove the cause of your injuries
- Read and review your medical records
- Build a comprehensive case file
Our workers’ compensation team works hard to ensure you get the individualized attention you deserve. We will support you throughout the process with kindness, compassion, and understanding.
We Help You Navigate North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Laws
When our team represents you, we handle every phase of your case. We start by listening to how you suffered the injury, reviewing your medical records, and explaining your rights under the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act. G.S. § 97-2 defines the following terms in relation to workers’ compensation benefits:
- Health care coverage
- Average weekly wages
The definition of these terms and the scope of your injury or disease play an important role in your ability to seek benefits. We make sure you understand what compensation you are entitled to and walk you through the application process.
Our Firm Makes Every One of Our Clients a Priority
Our team works hard to build a working and supportive relationship with every client we represent. When clients recommend us to their friends and family members, they say:
- “The staff at Farmer & Morris patiently answered all of my questions and returned my calls. They were professional, helpful, and effective in a time of stress.” — Keith Calhoun
- “Highly recommend! They’ve always been there to help…the staff is engaging and professional with any situation.” — Dan Bearden
- “Excellent law firm. Keeps you informed about your case…they really care about their clients. I felt confident that I chose the right law firm…” — Mary Edwards
- “Mark Morris is a wonderful attorney! I highly recommend this law firm. Very professional, honest and affordable…” — Mils
- “We were totally satisfied with his service and would definitely recommend him to anyone and will be using him in the future.” — Janeth Bolanos
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we make every client we represent a priority and will fight hard for the compensation you are seeking after suffering a work injury. We also make sure you can reach one of our team members as needed.
For a legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Cleveland County, call 828.286.3866
Understanding Your Eligibility for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you were injured at work in Cleveland County, our workers’ compensation lawyer can help you establish the correlation between your job and your injury. We will help you compile the following into a cohesive and comprehensive case file that tells the story of the accident that led to your disabling injury:
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Photos and videos
- Internal incident reports
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we pursue compensation for injured employees. Our team also keeps a close eye on the timing of your application to ensure it is filed in accordance with the two-year filing deadline, according to North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC) guidelines.
Applying for Workers’ Compensation in Cleveland County
When you apply for medical care and benefits, you will be required to collect and submit an incredible array of paperwork. Doing so without guidance or direction can be confusing. When our team is on your side, we will:
- Explain your rights and responsibilities
- Locate and interview any available witnesses
- Regularly update you as your case progresses
- Read and review your medical records and reports
- Compile and review all paperwork and documentation
- Ensure your application contains all the required information
Our team will also help you file an appeal if your application is denied. As part of the appeals process, we help you compile any additional information that strengthens your case and will represent you at any required hearings. In short, we will guide you through the process from start to finish.
Types of Benefits and Compensation
If you are injured at work, you are required to report the injury to your employer within 30 days of its occurrence. Your employer, in turn, is required to report the injury to the insurance provider without delay. Our team works hard to help you make the required notifications in the allotted time and fight for the following benefits:
- Temporary financial benefits
- Permanent financial benefits
- Medical care and treatment
- Vocational rehabilitation
If you are the surviving spouse or child of an employee who was fatally injured at work, you can also request certain death benefits and compensation for their funeral and burial expenses. Our team will help you understand how to prove your qualification for death benefits.
Cleveland County Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Call One of Our Team Members for Immediate Assistance
If you were injured at work, our workers’ compensation lawyer working with injured employees in Cleveland County can help you get medical and financial benefits. Find out how hard we will fight for you by contacting one of our team members at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, at (828) 286-3866 today.