If you were injured in a collision between your passenger vehicle and a large truck, our team can help you seek compensation. We can also help if you are the survivor of someone who was fatally injured in a vehicle versus truck collision. As your representatives, our team will take steps to identify the at-fault party, prove their negligence, and estimate the case’s monetary value.
Our Cleveland County truck accident lawyer helps truck accident victims fight for recovery of injury-related medical bills and income lost while out of work. We also seek compensation for our clients’ physical and emotional pain and suffering. When you are ready to pursue the at-fault driver, our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC team is ready to help, starting with a complimentary case review.
- What our truck accident team does for you
- Identifying the liable party based on evidence of negligence
- Previous clients share their experience with our firm
- Proving your right to compensation in North Carolina
- The truck accident damages you can seek to recover
- The timing of your truck accident case is important
- Get immediate help from one of our team members in Cleveland County
In This Article
What Our Truck Accident Team Does for You
When you are involved in a truck accident, it can leave you with many different damages, such as costly medical bills and a long recovery period. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we frequently offer support to those who have faced these circumstances. While you heal from your injuries, our team goes to work building your compensation case. We will:
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Complete and submit documents
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Read and review the accident report
- Read and review your medical records
- Assess the financial value of your injuries
Our team aims to avoid a prolonged court case by negotiating a favorable settlement with the at-fault party. While you always have the final say in accepting or declining a settlement offer, our team ensures the offer you do accept is favorable. Otherwise, we will not hesitate to fight for you in court.
Identifying the Liable Party Based on Evidence of Negligence
The at-fault party in your truck accident case could be the driver, their employer, or the manufacturer of the truck or its components. To help identify the at-fault party and prove their liability, we compile the following items into your case file:
- Pay stubs
- Medical bills
- Injury photos
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Accident scene photos
Another key piece of evidence we include in your case file is the wreck report. It will tell us crucial information about the collision, including who was involved, when the crash occurred, and the officer’s assessment of the scene. In addition, it may tell us the type and amount of cargo the truck was carrying, whether the driver committed any violations, and whether drugs, alcohol, or distractions contributed to the collision.
Previous Clients Share Their Experience with Our Firm
Our team works hard to build compelling cases and obtain the compensation our clients deserve. Of our supportive team members, past clients say:
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimately settlement. We could never thank them for all their prayers and hard work. God placing faith based people with faith based attorneys!” — Tammy
- “I have worked with Mark Morris and Hannah Davies and their staff…I love their law firm and will always go there if I need something. I really appreciate their work, and my communications with them have been great. The firm is very professional, and they do what they say.” — Frances Watson
Every client we represent is a priority for us, so we work hard to make sure your case gets the scrutiny it deserves. We also make sure you get the encouragement and support you need throughout your physical and financial recovery.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Cleveland County, call 828.286.3866
Proving Your Right to Compensation in North Carolina
If you are seeking monetary recovery in Cleveland County, our truck accident lawyer can build a case. We must show that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, did not meet that responsibility, and caused your injuries and resulting monetary damages.
When our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is on your side, we conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident. Doing so helps us identify the at-fault party and ensure you seek damages from the right entity.
The Truck Accident Damages You Can Seek to Recover
Our team will help you obtain the receipts and estimates to prove the value of your accident-related expenses. We will also ensure that your damages are accurately calculated, and no valid expense is overlooked. Your recoverable damages could include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Property damage or loss
- Required in-home assistance
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Our team can help you understand how to define your economic and non-economic damages. We also work hard to make sure you understand the overall value of your lawsuit and the economic and non-economic damages you are entitled to receive.
The Timing of Your Truck Accident Case is Important
In North Carolina, you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for your truck collision. If you or someone you love was injured, you generally have up to three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to G.S. § 1-52. Similarly, if someone you love was fatally injured in the collision, you generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to G.S. § 1-53.
When you get our team involved in your case right away, we have time to ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. We also have time to:
- Preserve and obtain any evidence in the trucking company’s possession
- Locate witnesses
- Canvass that accident scene
- Request available traffic, residential, and commercial surveillance video
All of this evidence could help us support your version of events and prove your right to financial recovery.
Cleveland County Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Get Immediate Help From One of Our Team Members in Cleveland County
If you or someone you love was involved in a collision with a large truck in Cleveland County, we can help you identify and pursue the at-fault party. Learn more about how hard our truck accident lawyer works to help you get financial compensation.
Contact one of our team members at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC by calling (828) 286-3866 today.