As a business owner wearing various hats, our team will help you with contract negotiations, tax planning, and legal counsel, as needed. Do not put your business idea at risk by being unprepared. When you partner with our business law team, we get to know you, your business, and its goals and objectives. This mutually beneficial relationship helps us understand the legal needs of your new identity.
Our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, business law lawyer has helped business owners in Cleveland County just like you start new businesses right from the start. If you need help choosing a business entity, creating enforceable contracts, and clearly outlining the details of a business partnership, our team is ready to work by your side.
Start Your Business Off on the Right Foot
Getting a new business up and running is a huge undertaking. Getting it started correctly is an important part of ensuring its health and growth. When we represent you, we work together with you to:
- Develop a clear picture of your business model
- Assess the future goals and needs of your business
- Help you establish the correct legal entity
- Create, read, and review business contracts
- Search for the availability of your preferred name
- Protect trademarks and intellectual property
Our team will make setting up your new business less complicated and each phase of business growth easier to understand.
For a legal consultation with a business law lawyer serving Cleveland County, call 828.286.3866
Set up Your Limited Liability Company or Corporation
North Carolina Secretary of State (SOSNC) guidelines and regulations require new business owners seeking limited liability company (LLC) status to submit Articles of Organization and other paperwork and data. It also requires new corporations to submit Articles of Incorporation along with a plethora of additional items. In addition, you will have to:
- Choose a name for your corporation
- Choose a corporate designation (e.g., LLC, C Corp, S Corp)
- Establish corporate bylaws
Setting up the correct legal entity for your business is critical. When we represent you, our business law team helps with these and all other steps involved in establishing your corporate identity.
Cleveland County Business Law Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Clarify the Details of a Partnership
Business partnerships can allow two or more people or entities to combine areas of expertise and to share the financial weight of business planning, growth, and development. As your partnership is formed, our team will help you:
- Accurately identify each party in your partnership
- Define the parameters of your partnership
- Clarify the role and responsibility of each party
- Plan for a partner’s exit or for the dissolution of the business
We will also help you define how finances are handled, profits are divided, and liability is assigned for business debt. With our guidance, you can choose a name for your partnership and complete all state and local business registrations, including tax information.
We will Help You with Contract Creation and Negotiation
Like many businesses, yours is likely to rely on contracts to define the scope of your relationships with partners, vendors, and clients. Because an ineffective or inaccurate contract can prove costly to your business, our business law team can help ensure the contracts that drive your business:
- Identify all relevant terms and conditions
- Are clear, complete, and enforceable
- Provide clarity and focus where needed
- Prevent confusion and misunderstandings
Our team is familiar with North Carolina business laws, including G.S. § 1G-2, which defines the parameters of business, consumer, and employment contracts — each of which may apply to your company.
Our client support team works hard to ensure your contracts get the scrutiny and attention to detail they deserve sooner rather than later. We will also stand by your side if you are accused of not meeting a contractual obligation in settlement negotiations or in court if necessary.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Client Praise and Testimonials
Our team works with business owners from all walks of life and in varying degrees of business, from startup to expansion. We work hard to ensure our clients and their businesses grow and thrive. When our previous clients talk about our dedication to their case, they say:
- “Andrea stuck with me to the end…I wasn’t just ‘a file in a cabinet’ and I was treated as if I was the only client.” — Lavonda
- “I have been in business 35 years and [Josh] is one of the most intelligent attorneys I have used over this time span.” — Gene
- “Mrs. Valentine…is passionate, caring, honest, and extremely hard working…and I endorse her without reservation.” — Blake
- “I wholeheartedly recommend Mark Morris as an attorney who will exceed your highest expectations and provide the assurance of a job well done!” — Allison
- “Josh…was recommended very highly by a mutual friend…He was…easy to talk to and…made me feel confident…I recommend him highly to anyone.” — Jayne
Our business law team understands how important building your business is to you. We work hard to help you build it the right way with the legal support and infrastructure you need.
Protect Your Business Right From the Start
Are you starting a new business in Cleveland County? You can speak with one of our team members to find out everything you need to know about setting up your new business with help from our business law lawyer.
Call one of our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, business law team members at (828) 286-3866 today to get started.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form