If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a car accident in northern South Carolina, or if a loved one was fatally injured, our personal injury attorneys will help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for your resulting expenses. Our team will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and conduct a thorough investigation on your behalf. We will also assign a carefully researched financial value to your claim.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our Cherokee County car accident lawyer will help you prepare your evidence file and seek compensation from the at-fault driver. After proving their negligence and financial liability, we guide your request for compensation to cover your medical bills, lost income, property damage, and pain and suffering. We also help you fight for wrongful death damages if a loved one died in the wreck.
- South Carolina car wreck statistics and recoverable damages
- Track the value of your injuries and related expenses
- Comply with the relevant statute of limitations
- Let our car accident lawyer fight for you
- Our personal injury team is committed to your case
- Call one of our team members for a free case review
In This Article
South Carolina Car Accident Statistics and Recoverable Damages
According to South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book statistics for 2019, there were 1,661 car accidents in Cherokee County, including 476 involving injuries and 14 fatal wrecks. The resulting financial damage of car wrecks statewide was approximately $4.77 billion.
When our team represents you after a collision, we help you recover from the monetary impact on your life. We carefully assess the value of your recoverable damages such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Property damage or total loss
- Lasting disability or impairment
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Physical pain and suffering
Our team does more than assign a value to your damages. We also collect the evidence that supports your right to compensation, the individual value of each item, and the overall value of your case.
Track the Value of Your Injuries and Related Expenses
To ensure we accurately calculate the value of your damages and submit a complete request for compensation, we collect your:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Pay stubs
- Tax records
We also obtain the receipts and estimates for repairing your car. In addition to ensuring your vehicle is restored to its pre-accident condition, these documents also help us establish your vehicle’s diminished value. We also use authoritative and accepted industry guides to place a value on your car if the insurance company declares it a total loss.
For a legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Cherokee County, call 828.286.3866
Comply with the Relevant Statute of Limitations
S.C. Ann § 15-3-530 sets the general filing deadline for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits after a car accident at three years. However, each type of claim has a different starting point:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is based on the date the accident occurred. We use your car accident report and witness statements to prove the relevant date and ensure compliance with the filing deadline.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is based on the date your loved one dies from the injuries they sustained in the accident. Again, our team uses your car accident report to prove the relevant date along with your loved one’s death certificate.
When you get our team involved in your case early, we will make sure to file your lawsuit on time. We also have time to investigate the accident and search for supportive witnesses and evidence.
Cherokee County Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Let Our Car Accident Lawyer Fight for You
After a wreck in Cherokee County, the personal injury team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, goes to bat for you. While you recover, our team locates and interviews witnesses, contacts the at-fault driver’s insurance representative, and finds photos and videos that support your version of events. We will also:
- Calculate the financial value of your injuries
- Determine the value of your injury-related expenses
- Identify the at-fault party and prove their liability
- Compile the evidence that supports your case
- Complete accident-related forms and documents
- Analyze your car accident report
- Review your medical records
Our team also handles the settlement negotiation process for you. While we aim to resolve your case with an out-of-court settlement, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if a favorable monetary settlement is not forthcoming.
Our Personal Injury Team Is Committed to Your Case
Previous clients attest to our team’s dedication to outstanding client service and support. When they leave referrals on our reviews page, they say:
- “I would highly recommend Farmer & Morris for any legal services…Their team members are very professional, knowledgeable, and pleasant and they have great communication. I will definitely use them for any future legal matters.” – Alyssia
- “I was very pleased with the services and professionalism of Ms. Valentine and her office…Every question and/or email was always answered in a timely and efficient manner. I would recommend Ms. Valentine and her office to anyone.” – Joann Torres
When you trust our team with your personal injury case, we never stop fighting for your financial compensation.
Call One of Our Team Members for a Free Case Review
If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a car wreck, we could help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and related expenses. Our car accident lawyers serve clients throughout Cherokee County, helping them prove the cause of the wreck and the value of their injuries. Contact our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team today by calling (828) 286-3866. The consultation is free!